Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Yesterday my 2011 Cruze randomly had the check engine light, service stabilitrack and reduced engine lower lights come on. Very dangerous as I was crossing an intersection and my car decelerated and coasted to a stop. I shut my Cruze off and restarted it and it drove fine the rest is the way except that my check engine light was on. Then the same thing happened twice on my way to work today. This is very frustrating as I just got my oil changed a week ago and had the service check done and they said everything looked great. Wondering if anyone else is having the same problem?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
It's most likely either the battery starting to go, or the negative battery cable. Given the sudden onset and severity, I'd guess cable is a little more likely.

You an read the bulletin in the first message of this thread: http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/25-g...al-coverage-14311-negative-battery-cable.html

If that's the problem, you're good for a free replacement from the dealer up to 10 years or 120,000 miles. (Although, the dealer will likely want a "diagnostics fee" when you drop the car off. It should be refunded when they decide to do this.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts