Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I just bought a 2014 Cruze , I haven’t even made my first car payment and I have an issue. I have video and pictures. I have no idea what wrong and I am afraid to drive it any where. The check engine light is on now

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello I just bought a 2014 Cruze , I haven’t even made my first car payment and I have an issue. I have video and pictures. I have no idea what wrong and I am afraid to drive it any where. The check engine light is on now

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
The check engine light is on? Is it making noises or vibrations or what? If the only thing wrong is a check engine light, I wouldn't worry about driving it a short distance. As long as the oil and coolant look right and are not too low, that is. You can have the codes read at AutoZone. Let us know.

·
Super Moderator
5,014 Posts
Yea if the only problem is the check engine light I would not worry about it as 17Hatch said drive it to Autozone and and have the codes read and let us know. What makes you afraid to drive it? You had to drive it home... The number of people that drive with a check engine light on and say as long as it runs..... We're happy to help but need a little more to go on or was the video some odd noise?

·
Registered
40 Posts
First you might tell us the code for the engine. If you don't know how to do this or lack equipment take it to a local parts store, they will probably read it for free. The wear on the belt looks normal. Is it making a high pitched squeal?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts