Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been working on my daughters 2015 Cruze LS all day.
The computer was pulling two codes it sounded like everything was going to the temperature coolant sensors. Ive spent $200 more on parts that I really shouldn’t have.
Thermostat $89
Coolant sensor $75
I broke a bolt that goes in the pipe under the thermostat so I went a bought a new housing $107 and the thermostat and that sensor came with it. If I have to do it all over again just buy the housing. I just want to put that out so nobody makes the same mistake I did.
Anyway the pipe under the thremostat what is that called it goes behind the heat shield to the water pump. The antifreeze is still leaking from that pipe. We are thinking that is coming from the gasket or o ring.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Anyway the pipe under the thremostat what is that called it goes behind the heat shield to the water pump. The antifreeze is still leaking from that pipe. We are thinking that is coming from the gasket or o ring. View attachment 285259
This is the 1.8L motor .

The circled part is called the oil cooler pipe. I have it as GM part number 25194218 . You should be able to find it in the 30-60 dollar range.

If you could just replace the o-rings on each end, that would be great, but identifying the correct part numbers for those is difficult. Furthermore, as I understand it, there are two versions of the pipe which use different o-rings.

The pipe slides into the oil cooler under the exhaust manifold. At the other end, under the thermostat housing, it attaches to the water outlet.

I broke a bolt that goes in the pipe under the thermostat...
How did you do that? Did you mix up inch-pounds and foot-pounds?

Doug

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just tightening it with a regular socket it was still dripping fluid. It seemed that it wasn’t tight not even feeling snug next thing I knew it broke. But anyway that housing was plastic so we went ahead and used the metal one will last longer. Thanks for letting me know exactly what it is we figure it’s just the o ring. I’m going to pull that heat shield back or off to make sure it gets in the hole good with the o ring. Hopefully that is the only thing that is wrong. But I sure have wasted a lot of money on antifreeze.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts