Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got in my Cruze and it told me my remote key was almost dead. I have push-to-start. Will that work if the key is dead? I have a place near my cupholder where I can manually put in the key (if the remote doesn't work). So I tried to start it manually. However it is extremely hard to put the key in. And then when I try to turn it to start it refuses to turn. Does the key just not twist and after it is in you push the start button like you would normally? I am trying to figure out before I get stranded at school so I can call someone to pick me up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This has happened several times to me. My car usually starts freaking out and beeping saying something about remote, and we have to go and get the key for it to shut off all the way. This has only happened when someone gets out before I pull into the garage, but I am able to park the car. Like I said above, I have to get the key for it to shut down all the way. I can't believe your wife got that far!

One time I must have not pushed the off button, and I got out and went inside the store. I came back to it unlocked and still running so someone could have driven off maybe! Ah!

1 - 3 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.