Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2011 Cruze and need to replace the passenger side ac vent. This the vent closest to the passenger door in the dash where the passenger side airbag is located. I have some concern about just popping the dash cover off due to the airbag being located in this area. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
This is the round vent with the louvers? I recall reading the service manual many years ago, and I believe they just pull out. Use plastic trim tools so you don't nick up the rest of the dash.

I'm not in front of the cruze now, but if your talking about the defroster vent that's molded into the dash, I think the cruze may have one, then I don't know.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,105 Posts
I have 2011 Cruze and need to replace the passenger side ac vent. This the vent closest to the passenger door in the dash where the passenger side airbag is located. I have some concern about just popping the dash cover off due to the airbag being located in this area. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try this...

How To Paint AC Vents...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure what I am suppose to look at when I click on the link it just goes to the home page. I don't need to paint the vent it is broken and needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is the round vent with the louvers? I recall reading the service manual many years ago, and I believe they just pull out. Use plastic trim tools so you don't nick up the rest of the dash.

I'm not in front of the cruze now, but if your talking about the defroster vent that's molded into the dash, I think the cruze may have one, then I don't know.
Yes it is the round vent located in the passenger side dash where the air bag is located. I removed the dash side panel and was able to see how the vent is installed it does not pop out it is held in by clips on both sides of the vent much like the center dash vents. I am certain the dash panel needs be popped out in order to get access to these clips and remove the vent. My concern is damaging the airbag that is located behind this panel.

·
Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
12,105 Posts
Not sure what I am suppose to look at when I click on the link it just goes to the home page. I don't need to paint the vent it is broken and needs to be replaced.
Try it again and look through the post, you'll see how to remove it...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts