Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I platidipped parts of my car a while back and i decided to remove it. WD and goo gone wasn't doing it for me so i used gasoline on a cloth and it all came off fairly easy. But now there is reside from the gas. How do I remove it? I tried a power washer but it didn't do much.

·
Super Moderator
7,786 Posts
Oh-oh. Better get Maaco.

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
Sad enough I remember when this was $19.95

Ole Earl, may God rest his soul, still has franchises in operation.

However, the devalued dollar as well as the environmentally safe refinishing products has turned $19.95-$29.95 into $399.95.

Still, any car, any color (Sheibs colors BTW).......probably the same amount of overspray and orange peel, the price is about a third of a traditional shop.......you DO get what ya pay for though.

Thanks for the memory flash Eddy.

Rob

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey guys, so I platidipped parts of my car a while back and i decided to remove it. WD and goo gone wasn't doing it for me so i used gasoline on a cloth and it all came off fairly easy. But now there is reside from the gas. How do I remove it? I tried a power washer but it didn't do much.
Try buffing it?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
some kind of bug and tar remover or buffing compound like maguiars ultimate compound or something a little rougher.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Photographs would help. What parts were plasti-dipped? Plastic? Paint, chromed plastic? I would like to know all this prior to making a suggestion as I would attack each one differently.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts