Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I boughta used 2012 Cruze December 2013 with 37K miles. Carfax was clean, only oneprevious owner (rental company) and only maintenance services performed onit. Almost exactly one month later mycar completely died. As I was pulling intomy driveway I noticed the display going in and out and when I tried to start itthe next day, nothing. Took it back tothe dealer they said the battery was dead and replaced it. Strange but not impossible. Now this past Tuesday as I was driving homethe display started going in and out again. I made it home and when I turnedthe car off it completely died again. OK,it can't be the battery right? So I wentunder the hood and checked to see if the wires to the battery were loose andthey were not, but after I touched the wires a few times the car came back tolife and started up just fine. I have drivenit to and from work since then and no problems, but I am taking it to thedealer tomorrow. Any insight on what theissue could really be?

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
This sounds like a bad connection or cable. Make sure your dealer knows that you were able to restart the car by wiggling the cables. There have been a rash of bad battery cables.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback. This is very helpful. I will be sure to mention these things and I'll keep you informed on what happens. I just hope they don't do the "we couldn't recreate the problem"...

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
There was a loose cable after all. All set now. Quick and cheap!
Hi cpauley,

I'm glad that everything is fixed with your vehicle. Don't hesitate to reach back out to us again if you have any more questions or concerns :).

Keep Cruzin'!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care

1 - 7 of 7 Posts