Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have been given a 2010 Cruze for free but it has a lot off problems.
The main issue I keep running in to is the dashboard and radio trun off after I try to start the car.
Here is a little story about the car it done 210kms it has been sitting for as much as I know for 3-6 months. It had a issue before the owner abandoned the car. As far as I can tell it would shut off randomly.
I have changed the starter motor and battery.
I have read the codes and it a lean fuel problem.
I planing on doing a major service when I can get the car to crank. Breaks, oil and filter, tires

·
Registered
335 Posts
Check the battery ground cable. First gen cars had problems with it. That could be most of your electrical problems right there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a little update I was able to get the car to crank by resetting the car computer system. But still no start I have tested the fuel rails no fuel so I thinking there a Block in the lines or a dead pump.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought I did post the code. It P2096 system too lean bank 1.
I have the Australia Cruze yes it 2010. I find almost all the info for my car from the 2011 us one to be the same.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Well that would explain the lean fuel system code 😂.

...I don’t think a fuel drain plug exists... put a drain tube down the fuel filler neck and pump it out. Or drop the tank and you can drain the fuel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here same more updates and drop the fuel take and test the fuel pump I find the pump to work.

so I trun to the fuse box for replacement. after a quick wreckers run. Installed the new fuse box.Fuel pump has pressure All but one fuel injectors clicks. But the car has no start.
I have replaced spark plug.
I am starting to get lost at what it is now.
And help please.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Are you getting fuel at the fuel rail/injectors?

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'd go back to the battery cable as will suggested and have a look. You might be getting fuel but not enough pressure.

You said you changed the battery. Does it crank, what is your voltage? Etc.

As others have said this was an issue for Gen 1s

1 - 11 of 11 Posts