Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Cruze community. I just recently tuned my vehicle yesterday and it failed to update the calibration, now my car won't start. I have the ltz rs with the push button start. On my DIC it say computer system failure. How do I fix this any help would be greatly appreciated. Also when i was uploading the tune the car turned off (DIC) with out the car started. What is the proper procedure with the push button start to tune the car I hope I didn't mess anything up.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hey, Cruze community. I just recently tuned my vehicle yesterday and it failed to update the calibration, now my car won't start. I have the ltz rs with the push button start. On my DIC it say computer system failure. How do I fix this any help would be greatly appreciated. Also when i was uploading the tune the car turned off (DIC) with out the car started. What is the proper procedure with the push button start to tune the car I hope I didn't mess anything up.
Hopefully your car isn't bricked...for the LTZ, you should hold the button (without pushing the brake) and wait for it to go into service only mode. Then try to tune it again

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts
ohhh no right now I bet that your computer doesnt have all the information it needs to communicate and control your vehicle since it shut off during the tuning process. Hopefully you can get the stock tune or the new tune loaded. My suggestion is to try and and get the factory tune loaded back on your car if you can. good luck

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How long do you hold the start button to get it in service mode only? Is there any indication when it goes in service mode. I noticed there are two lights on the push button green and orange

·
Registered
533 Posts
How long do you hold the start button to get it in service mode only? Is there any indication when it goes in service mode. I noticed there are two lights on the push button green and orange
I believe it's something like 10 seconds. You'll know it's in service mode because all of the lights, warning chimes, and gauges will come on. In the dash you'll see all the check lights as well as whatever DIC screen you had up. Basically, it will appear on just with the tach at zero.
In this mode, the car will not turn off without you pressing the button again.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
162 Posts
[h=2]Step 4: Connect Flash Loader to OBD2 port and Laptop USB Port[/h]
Ensure the vehicle is in Service Mode by holding the 'Start|Stop' button for approximately 10 seconds, or by inserting the key and turning it all the way to the Run position with your foot off the brake.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you could not get the software to load back on, you can take it to a dealer and they can reflash the ECM with the current software as new ECM's come blank and need to be flashed for the vehicle they are going into. Also the green led will light up on the push button when it is in service mode.

·
10,695 Posts
If the laptop went to sleep that is the problem. Turn off sleep mode on battery power settings and try again. Going to dealer would cost money as this is a situation caused by trying to modify the computer programming. Have you gotten hold of WOT or Trifecta on here?

Also for the service mode see quote below

Step 4: Connect Flash Loader to OBD2 port and Laptop USB Port

Ensure the vehicle is in Service Mode by holding the 'Start|Stop' button for approximately 10 seconds, or by inserting the key and turning it all the way to the Run position with your foot off the brake.

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
I have tuned this car many times before and it has always gone right into service mode however this time it is not. I get in, foot not on the brake and push the button hold it down and the green light comes on the button and only the cel comes on, it doesn't light the dash up like it has in the past and does not say service mode on the dic.. So because of this the computer will not connect to the car.. What is going on?? Why all of the sudden will it not go into service mode?? Has something changed??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts