Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I've been wanting to get rid of my halogen bulb headlights, so I did some research and found HID's I wanted but my husband told me LED headlights would be better. He has a 2014 Dodge Charger RT with black top package so his car already came equipped with projector headlights that don't have the yellowish halogen color, I want the same color he has. So anyway, he purchased LED bulbs for me but I read online that you have to have the correct housing so you don't blind people. I don't really know what that means? I did some research and only found headlight housing for halo but that's not really what I want. He also purchased LED bulbs for my fog lights, but again.. I don't know if I need different housing. Can anyone please give me some insight? All I want is white headlights because the halogen yellow is not very attractive in my opinion. Thank you in advance. :)

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
The problem is the bulb and the reflector have to match each other. The light has to come from the bulb in exactly the spot that the reflector was designed for - otherwise, you end up with light going where it's not supposed to be and blinding people. DO NOT get bulbs where the light comes from the surface of a cylinder - that's the wrong spot. In a stock bulb, it comes from a small line in the middle of the bulb.

Some members have reported good results with lights like this. Notice the LEDs are in a line, right where the filament of the stock bulb would go.

Otherwise, you're going to have to replace the entire headlight assembly to match the bulb you get. In some cases, the stock reflectors can't handle the heat from HIDs, and they'll melt.

·
Registered
144 Posts
You may want to check the lamp type.
I noticed the base is a H13, I don't know about the US model, but the AUS is a H4

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jaz, I found another post on this forum about bulb sizes and it said H13. I haven't received the bulbs yet... I hope they're the right ones though. :)

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
What do you think about these?
I'm tempted. We've been discussing them in another thread. However, in my last safety check, the station made me pull out my LED license plates and backup lights - claimed they weren't legal. I'm trying to find out the details on that. Fortunately they didn't spot my LED brake/tail lights. The website does say that non-OEM HID is illegal (no retrofits).

You may want to check the lamp type.
I noticed the base is a H13, I don't know about the US model, but the AUS is a H4
2015 US says "H13LL"

·
Registered
803 Posts
Do not buy those Opt 7 led bulbs.

The only plug-n-play led headlight bulb that is worthy of halogen beam like performance in the Cruze headlamp is this one...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018RSVANM/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_JU8XwbG1JVN1M

They are repackaged under many different brands so you may find cheaper under different name.

Search my recent posts for my photos and comments on these bulbs.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Reactions: sparkman
1 - 8 of 8 Posts