Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!!

I'm experimenting an annoying problem on my car. It's and Opel Corsa 1.4T, wich holds the same motor as the cruze, A14NEL. I'm getting the P1101 check engine light pretty much every two days. First i've read that's related to the MAF sensor being out of range (now i've been told it's air intake performance), so I bought a new Bosch MAF from eBay, cleared the code with OP-COM, no change, P1101 again in after 50-100 KM. I don't see any obvious difference on the performance of the car, either have any other code. Have been figthing with this for about 3 months. I live in Chile, so I don't really have access to many parts, since GM doesn't sell the turbo version of the CRUZE, SONIC here and not many people drive OPEL cars, so I want to know your opinions/experiencies before throwing expensive parts. I've checked the PCV disc next to the oil filler, no noise, either air sucktion. Should i try replacing the PCV hose?? What elso could that be??

Dealer is not really the first option here, since mechanics are not really experienced with these kind of motors and are really expensive on human hour worked, i've tryed and received crap like deleting the code only... Also the car is running on EDS re-map 165 HP, 260 NM, only use 97 octanes premium gas and change oil every 5K miles...

Thanks so much,

·
Premium Member
7,776 Posts
My Cruze manual says that the ECM compares the values of the Throttle Position, Manifold Pressure (MAP) and Mass Airflow (MAF) and signals a problem if the "actual" airflow is higher than expected.

Troubleshooting includes checking/cleaning Throttle Body, MAP sensor, Boost Pressure Sensor (if turbocharged), MAF sensor, proper operation of turbo, wastegate, leaks or restrictions in intake or exhaust system.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Check and clean your TB. Also have you removed the EDS tune?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Havent cleared the TB, ill try to do that but not an expert and couldnt find any guide or diagram so i can do it on my own.

Nope havent cleared EDS yet, gotta take it to a dealer and not sure that has anything to do.

Im thinking about replacing the pcv valve, since its a common problem with this 1.4T model as I see on this board, odd thing is I dont see any changes on the performance of the car. No oil, good idle, etc.

I apreciatte your thougths and will keep posted on the progress. :+1:?

·
Registered
990 Posts
If your not having a vacuum leak out of the cam cover its no need to replace

Pull the intake hose connected to the throttle body and clean it by hand then pull the maf sensor next too the air filter box and clean that with maf sensor cleaner.

also do you have a air intake or aftermarket air filter?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Had K&N panel filter a long time, then changed to Ramair conic filter (no top of the box), then I started getting the check engine light more often, wich i figured was always p1101, so changed back to standard GM filter with box.

Ive cleaned the entire box, maf sensor too, with special spray for electric devices. Even bought another bosch MAF on ebay.

Im getting a OBD2 reader tomorrow to check the throttle at idle.

As for the PCV i meant the hose that goes from the mainfold to the top of the engine, no vacuum on the disc above the oil filler.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive the following photogram today, CEL P1101 came back three days after I desconected battery to try a relearn.

What could it be?? Air flow?? Came on after a drive I was almost parking.

Fuel Status = 0 byte
Carga de motor = 13.725 %
Temperatura del refrigerante del motor = 102 °C
Ajuste combustible a corto Banco 1 = -6.25 %
Consumo de combustible a largo banco 1 = -10.156 %
Presión de combustible = 0 psi
Presión del colector = 3.771 psi
RPM motor = 1,024.5 rpm
Velocidad (OBD) = 15 km/h
Avance temporal = 13 °
Temperatura de toma de aire = 28 °C
Caudal de aire = 1.89 g/s