Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I have a 2014 1.8L LS. I know everyone will tell me get a 1.4 but I prefer my 1.8. Anyways I'm due for inspection and my MAF Sensor doesn't like my aftermarket intake(I don't believe it thoroughly seals) so it trips my check engine light. I scanned it and it's throwing MAF Sensor and lean fuel codes as well as some voltage codes. It isn't in anyway affecting the way the car runs or compromising fuel economy or anything like that. The only issue is the check engine light is on and my car won't pass inspection with it on. Does anyone know of a simple and easy way to seal it or trick it so I can get it to pass inspection? It doesn't need to be permanent since my inspection station is half a mile down the road I just need it to last until I pass because I can live with a check engine light since nothing is actually wrong with the car. Any suggestions help. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Have you had the TSB to correct the negative battery cable performed?

Only reason I say that is because of the voltage codes.

·
2,168 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

If you still have the original intake, you could swap the aftermarket intake out for the original and see if the CEL goes away.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have everything but the box the sensor actually clicks in to. The box broke during removal due to the extremely cold temperatures. Everything for voltage was in some way related to the intake sensors. I just need a way to trick or bypass so it will pass. I don't need a permanent solution and all the junk yards I've looked at for the piece that broke had cruzes that were front end damage and the boxes were broken as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sometimes with the Air Intake it throws the CEL because of the air funnel no longer being there, and a simple tune will tune out the CEL. Bright side is that you get 2 mods.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts