Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2014 Chevy Cruze LS now has check engine light on stabilitrak service and traction control service lights on. Check engine light code says cylinder 2 misfire. Car is almost at 114k miles. Any help I’d appreciated

·
Registered
267 Posts
check injector resistance, and compare to the other cylinders but should be around 13-15 ohms

if that checks out to be good change spark plugs.

If that doesn’t fix it buy an ignition coil and see if that resolves the misfiring. unable to test the coil on the Cruze :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
check injector resistance, and compare to the other cylinders but should be around 13-15 ohms

if that checks out to be good change spark plugs.

If that doesn’t fix it buy an ignition coil and see if that resolves the misfiring. unable to test the coil on the Cruze :(
I’ll check it out, changed the spark plus one of the old ones was super loose, probably have to replace the coil pack.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 2014 1.4L had the same StabiliTrak service and traction control on. Turned out to be a bad coil pack. I was on the highway and the car was skipping really bad with no power. Opened the hood at night, and I could see the coil pack arcing. Strongly suggest you buy a MSD 8236 or MSD 82363, or GM original coil pack. There's a bunch of crap coil packs being sold on amazon. My "cheapest" replacement only lasted 2 months. Asked for warranty replacement and they sent me 2 bad ones in a row. Complete garbage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts