Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 automatic Cruze, had some weird electrical problems recently with lots of money spent trying to diagnose and fix - now car is cranking fine - but not starting in the morning.
left it in the sun all day and starts/runs and drives fine. and subsequent starts are fine. has been suggested by the mechanic theres a problem with the ECU?

·
Premium Member
7,789 Posts
I'd check the fuel pressure. I seem to remember some people having a problem where it took two tries in the morning to bring the pressure up to the point it would run. I don't remember what the fix was.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd check the fuel pressure. I seem to remember some people having a problem where it took two tries in the morning to bring the pressure up to the point it would run. I don't remember what the fix was.
Hmm, are you supposed so hear a fuel pump run/prime once you've turned the key to On (prior to key turn for ignition)

The thing runs fine later on in the day and subsequent starts are fine as well.

·
Premium Member
7,789 Posts
Hmm, are you supposed so hear a fuel pump run/prime once you've turned the key to On (prior to key turn for ignition)

The thing runs fine later on in the day and subsequent starts are fine as well.
I'm not sure. Try this: when you suspect you're going to have trouble starting the car, turn the key to "on" and let it sit for 20 seconds. Turn it off and repeat. Then try to start it. If it starts every time, that points to loss of fuel pressure and you need multiple tries to bring it up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts