Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was changing oil in the CTD yesterday and noticed the front passenger headlight looked odd. The plastic cover or reflector for the parking and turn signal light came loose and is floating around in the headlight assembly. WTF? I spoke to my chevy dealer, they looked at it and said I needed to speak to Chevy CC because he couldn't get it under warranty because I just passed 3 years. My car is about 2 weeks beyond 3 years old and I have 37,000 miles on it. I am supposed to find out on Mon/Tues from Chevy if they will honor it under warranty. Anyone else ever have this occur?

·
Super Moderator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red
11,593 Posts
My car is about 2 weeks beyond 3 years old and I have 37,000 miles on it. I am supposed to find out on Mon/Tues from Chevy if they will honor it under warranty. Anyone else ever have this occur?

Not I says me, but good luck, I hope they take care of it for you as that is very low miles.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I was changing oil in the CTD yesterday and noticed the front passenger headlight looked odd. The plastic cover or reflector for the parking and turn signal light came loose and is floating around in the headlight assembly. WTF? I spoke to my chevy dealer, they looked at it and said I needed to speak to Chevy CC because he couldn't get it under warranty because I just passed 3 years. My car is about 2 weeks beyond 3 years old and I have 37,000 miles on it. I am supposed to find out on Mon/Tues from Chevy if they will honor it under warranty. Anyone else ever have this occur?
Odd, I suggest a post in the more generic Cruze threads, I don't think the headlight assembly is different for the CTD.. so you may have better responses from a larger audience.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks...good call. I copied my post to Gen 1 body. Please delete this threads mods. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,535 Posts
The inner reflectors (for lack of a better term) have fallen off several of the members cars.....and Chevrolet warrantied them.

If your dealer has a good relationship with Chevy they should have little difficulty replacing it under warranty since quite a few have failed.
Dealer has to ask his DSM for authorization.

Rob

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. My passenger headlight did the same.

Reactions: Al3e925

·
Registered
9 Posts
Both of my headlights did this. I'm out of bumper to bumper so I'm just dealing with it until I feel like getting aftermarket headlights.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had no idea this was a problem. I'm sorry you guys had troubles, but happy I am not alone and it may be covered under warranty. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
There's lot's of headlights on craigslist. Seems the local asking price for a GEN 1 headlight is around $50.

Just make sure it was pulled properly from the donor car. The mounting for the headlight is behind the bumper. If the salvage place did a "smash and grab" there's the potential that either the clips for the bumper cover (bottom of the headlight), or the headlight mounting bracket holder maybe broken.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had one side turn yellow from oxidation and it fell off when changing the bulb inside..ended up breaking the other one off and now prefer life without them to be honest

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just as a follow up...Chevy CC called and stated that my car is out of warranty by 2 weeks and 1000 miles, but they would do repair cost assistance. So they won't cover the cost 100%. They said my portion would be $100 and I can take it into my Chevy dealer for the repair. Overall, I have to say this is fair and thanks to Chevy CC for helping me.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I got them out by removing the headlights off the car and the yellowed one was already in pieces so I shook the debris out, the other side took needle nose pliers and broke it into smaller pieces and they came out no problem. Honestly they look better without them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts