Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

New member as of February. A bit slow to do this post, but I haven't really thought to post anything until recently. I have a 2014 CTD with 23,621 miles on it. It's a lovely car, but the car finds itself in the service department of my local Chevy dealer more than I'd like. It's to the extent that I'm on a first name basis with the service writer. It performs perfectly, it just throws CEL codes for the EGT sensor it seems. Incidentally, I've had the opportunity to drive Cruze 1.8 and 1.4T; and Malibu Eco courtesy cars and would still pick the CTD.

My vehicular history the past five years has involved a 1981 Mercedes-Benz 240d, 1984 M-B 300d, and 1989 Lincoln Mark VII with a T5 manual transmission. I've always done my own maintenance, including an engine and trans overhaul on the Lincoln and replacing a cracked head on the 300d (with a turbo overhaul thrown in, because why not), so the experience with the CTD has been a bit foreign as I haven't turned a wrench on it yet. Though there aren't any free oil changes left, so the next one will be on me.

I hope to learn about forum members' experiences with the Cruze chassis in general, and the CTD chassis and drivetrain in particular.

Cheers,

Andrew

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,264 Posts
Welcome to the cruze talk Be cool stay cozy keep cruzen and Best Wishes !

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
Welcome to Cruzetalk, I have a CTD, but it has a different 2.0L TD to the one in your car, so the fact I have not had any real problems in nearly three years won't be much help to you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts