Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. :)

I have a 2014 Cruze LT 1.4 with the "fancy" turbo ;) with 56K miles.

I have had the car for a year now and for the most part am happy with it. I work on my own vehicles as much as I am allowed with limited garage space and tools.

Tonight I did a routine oil change and noticed what appears to be an oil leak on the driver's side underneath. I am not familiar with these engines enough yet to diagnose if it's even oil or not. See pic.

Also, I am quite concerned wit the number of recalls my particular car has. Seeing that I purchased it used, is there a way to know if any of the recalls have been performed already? Id love to be the guy who takes it in and says "fix every recall item" LOL :)

Thank for any and all guidance

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
Yes that is what any guy would do, drive into a Dealership and ask they fix any recalls. I don't recall a recall but yes there were a few. I would have established a contact in Service, had them change your Oil for $39.95 or less and check for recalls.

In the mean time enter your vin# here and check yourself
https://my.gm.com/recalls

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
Based on the photo, my first thought is a axle seal is leaking at the trans......a 5yr/100k powertrain repair.

As stated....let a dealer diagnose further.

At the same time they can run the vin# for open recalls.

I don't recall a large number of recalls for 2014 MY Cruze......but there are several warranty extensions for specific components.

Rob

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
The 2014 had a few recalls. The big one was the front right half axle which was a stop sale so if you purchased your Cruze at a GM dealership they had to perform prior to selling the car, even as a used car. You can see what the "open" recalls and service extensions are by creating an account at https://my.chevrolet.com/home and adding your car by VIN to your garage. Any services performed at a GM dealership will show here as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts