Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm New to Cruze. Took delivery of my 2016 LS on March 31, the day it came off the truck. I was surprised at how much tech comes with the LS, though I look forward to upgrading it as time goes on.

Glad to be here!

·
2,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Is it a 2016 Limited or a Gen II, if it's a gen II you'll have to post pictures or we can't be friends. :) Actually, even if it's a limited I want to see pics. We love pictures here on the forum.

Reactions: bbelnap

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome and congratulations.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the forum! Is it a 2016 Limited or a Gen II, if it's a gen II you'll have to post pictures or we can't be friends. :) Actually, even if it's a limited I want to see pics. We love pictures here on the forum.
Welcome to the forum. What color did you get?
It's a Blue Ray Metallic Gen II. I was originally looking at the 2015s with around 20K miles, but read about the Gen II and the redesign so I thought I'd see what dealers could do. I got a fantastic deal as it was the end of a rough quarter for Chevy and I stretched out the buying process over four slow-sale weekdays. Granted, I've got none of the super-fancy bells and whistles, but it's light-years ahead of my old Corolla, so I'm happy.

I'll work on pictures. I want to get it washed and waxed again before I do - I've put about 200 miles on it since I got it and it has a bit of dust from the road and rain.

Not totally sure what to upgrade as I love it as is, though window tints would be nice, windscreen sun-tint, and maybe alloy wheels.

I'm going to Scotch guard the fabric this weekend.

I am looking for a spare - either full sized or doughnut - not super happy about the fix-a-flat they ship with now, but it does have free road-side assistance.

·
2,170 Posts
AAAND I'm jealous. :)

Reactions: Patman

·
Super Moderator
5,171 Posts
I am looking for a spare - either full sized or doughnut - not super happy about the fix-a-flat they ship with now, but it does have free road-side assistance.
This is also something that us "Eco" owners have gone thru. No spare. Depending on the trunk configuration, that could be ? Both Obermd (http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/161-...install-gm-specd-spare-tire-eco-mt-trunk.html) and I have bought a spare tire for our Ecos. Since you have the first Gen II we need the bolt pattern. If it is 5X105 like the Gen I, you can probably buy a spare from a junk yard that came from a Gen I LS or LT. Only thing, like the avail Spare and the Eco, it may be limited use since the size is different. The only avail spare(that we are aware of from the Gen I) is 16 in and the Eco wheel is 17 in and if I am not mistaken the Gen II uses a 15 in. wheel. So it may be a matter of "same game different field"

·
Registered
132 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase and welcome to the forum. Looks like you scored a sweeeeet new ride!!

Reactions: Patman

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts