Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm Chris, from Northwest Arkansas and I just bought a used '13 Cruze LTZ RS. I did read quite a bit on this forum before making that decision. The only complaint I have so far is the factory "premium" audio from Pioneer it not the greatest, not the worst either. I will be working to swap that out pretty quick though.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Welcome to the forum! If you've got pictures of your Cruze, we'd love to see some!

:welcome:

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk.

·
10,712 Posts
Welcome to the forum. What did you not like besides the rear door speakers? You can't just set it for all bass and tremble in the Pioneer setup. You have to like make a weird adjustment like tremble 2 from max and bass 3 from max and fade rear 2 or something. There is a thread that covers that.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Welcome!

The only complaint I have so far is the factory "premium" audio from Pioneer it not the greatest, not the worst either. I will be working to swap that out pretty quick though.
I think you'll find that the radio is more tightly integrated into the car than most. You may be better off reading the SQ Audio thread and upgrading the speakers and amp and leaving the stock head unit.

Reactions: Merc6

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks for the welcomes. I will get pics soon. I had the treble set to max, bass set to like 2, and mids set to 0 and the front right door speaker said "I can't take it anymore" and sounds like muddy garbage now. I worked in car audio for a long time so I think some new amps speakers and subs are going to be in the works. The factory radio will most likely stay however I am going to see if they have a way to update the firmware. If there is I'm going to try and modify the firmware and add some features then push it to the stereo. Thread will be made if successful.

·
10,712 Posts
I had the treble set to max bass set to like 2 and mids set to 0 and the front right door speaker said "I can't take it anymore" and sounds like muddy garbage now. I worked in car audio for a long time so I think some new amps speakers and subs are going to be in the works.
Welcome!

I think you'll find that the radio is more tightly integrated into the car than most. You may be better off reading the SQ Audio thread and upgrading the speakers and amp and leaving the stock head unit.
Might want to do this before swapping anything out. Pioneer amp is in the trunk. i also blew the front right speaker on my 2013 after 3 years of 25 vol on base MyLink radio.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
The factory radio will most likely stay however I am going to see if they have a way to update the firmware. If there is I'm going to try and modify the firmware and add some features then push it to the stereo. Thread will be made if successful.
The dealer updates just fix bugs. They won't add features. There are third party update, but they strike me as quite expensive for features I don't find compelling.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
The dealer updates just fix bugs. They won't add features. There are third party update, but they strike me as quite expensive for features I don't find compelling.
I will be configuring and modifying my own third party software :) Thanks for letting me know there are already third party options though that is a big help as it lets me know that it is possible. I just need to find out what the system is based on (i.e. windows, android, proprietary, etc) hopefully windows or android that means installing kodi as the shell and using that as the media player. Do you have any links to some of these third party options?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Well the current audio shopping list is going to be

AudioControl DQ-61 LOC/EQ
AudioControl LC-4.800 4Ch Amp (x2 if I keep the center channel and 6x9 speaker locations)
AudioControl TheEpicenter 1200 Mono Amp

Probably going to go with Infinity Reference Speakers or may step it up to the Kappa or Kappa Perfect Series. Just have to shop around and see what I come up with.

EDIT: I just found this. http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/36-gen1-audio-electronics/11204-sq-car-audio-thread-v2-5.html So I now am doing a ton of research on raw drivers. This guy knows his stuff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.