Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I bought a Chevy Cruze about 3 months ago (2013, bought it used with 50k miles on it) got the LT model with the 1.4t. Liking the car so far, I am not a huge fan of driving cars to begin with (I am a truck man, but my old truck crapped out before I could get enough of a down payment to get in a new one with a note in my price range, so I ended up in a car), but I am enjoying this one. The 30+ mpg I get if I drive like a decent human being is nice, the 25+ I get if I drive like a grumpy nascar driver is better.

-I am 25 years old, engaged (we have been engaged for about 5 years. I am married without a certificate at this point)
-Did 6 years in the National Guard, where I did next to nothing in the way of deployments.
-I work as an electrician apprentice, going into my second of 5 years in the apprenticeship before I can test into Journeyman
-I live in the great state of Texas, but was raised in Oklahoma.
-I am a man of great faith, I will keep it to a minimum on the forums, as there is a place and time for everything.

-Boomer Sooner
-Go Texans

Any question?

·
Super Moderator
7,787 Posts
Welcome. There are other electricians on board here.

We also have a sub-forum dedicated to religion and politics if you'd like to post regarding the depth of your faith.

You invited questions - so here's mine: Do you cohabitate with your fiancé of five years?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes we do live together, had planned on getting married a while back, but some stuff came up and the wedding money had to go down the drain, and we never set another date since.

·
Super Moderator
7,787 Posts
Yes we do live together, had planned on getting married a while back, but some stuff came up and the wedding money had to go down the drain, and we never set another date since.
Financial stuff like that happens. But if you really want to get married I'm sure that you could do it for less than $50. You can always throw the party some other time when you've got the bread.

But in the meantime, and as a self-described "man of great faith", are you viewed as living in sin by others in your community?

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy your Cruze as much I enjoy my 15 CTD. Also appreciate your service to our country.

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
From the title I thought Fat Albert was joining us. Anyway, welcome to the nutt house and remember that being in the Guard means you were there if/when we needed you, so Thank-You for that!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I appreciate you guys (and potentially gals)

and Tomko, I feel my church as well as the community has accepted me very well, knowing that I have a different outlook on the Christian faith than most, feel free to message me if you have any questions.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome. Post your guard information in our Veterans thread and I'll give you a Veteran tag.

·
Registered
48 Posts
So, I bought a Chevy Cruze about 3 months ago (2013, bought it used with 50k miles on it) got the LT model with the 1.4t. Liking the car so far, I am not a huge fan of driving cars to begin with (I am a truck man, but my old truck crapped out before I could get enough of a down payment to get in a new one with a note in my price range, so I ended up in a car), but I am enjoying this one. The 30+ mpg I get if I drive like a decent human being is nice, the 25+ I get if I drive like a grumpy nascar driver is better.

-I am 25 years old, engaged (we have been engaged for about 5 years. I am married without a certificate at this point)
-Did 6 years in the National Guard, where I did next to nothing in the way of deployments.
-I work as an electrician apprentice, going into my second of 5 years in the apprenticeship before I can test into Journeyman
-I live in the great state of Texas, but was raised in Oklahoma.
-I am a man of great faith, I will keep it to a minimum on the forums, as there is a place and time for everything.

-Boomer Sooner
-Go Texans

Any question?
Welcome to the forum... I understand about being a truck guy. I had to settle for a 2010 Malibu 2LT after my Chevy Truck decided to start giving me expensive troubles. Actually hated going to a car, but as with you... the price point was more than I wanted to pay. But over time and having to travel for work, I have grown to appreciate the car experience. I had an opportunity to get into a 2016 GMC Canyon, but again... the price point was more than I was willing to pay. Plus Gas Mileage and Ride of the new Cruze trumped it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts