Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, thought I'd finally find a Cruze forum and sign up.

I just bought a 2012 Cruze 1.8 with a manual about a month ago. So far, I love the car. I drive it only to work so far, no highway driving, and I average 26mpg's, not bad! I think I only drive 5-8 miles or something, lol.

I got 3 of the only things I wanted with the car:
-none of the run of the mill black, white or light blue crap colors (got dark blue)
-a stick! The auto tranny is terrible. I hate it
-connectivity package. I don't have a hands free set for my phone so blue tooth is a must and I listen to my ipod a lot. Only thing is, car won't shuffle the ipod which sucks. My Pioneer h/u in my other car shuffles through my usb connection, why doesn't this one?

Being a GM employee (I'm a tech), I got a good price and preferred financing. That was pretty much key to getting this car.

That being said, Chevy has upped their game with this car. They've come a ways since Crapaliers and Slowbalts

Anyways, aside from hoping to offer mechanical advice, I'm looking for ways to spice up the car, but I probably won't be spending money on it yet.

·
Resident Derp
2,806 Posts
EVERY iPod itself has a shuffle feature. Before you connect your iPod go into it's general settings and switch it to shuffle and then it will work.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've done that before and as soon as my ipod is plugged into the car, it seems like the car overrides that setting or something. That and I leave it connected all the time, so do I have to unplug it and do this every time?

·
Resident Derp
2,806 Posts
Ever try an AUX cable?? I'm not 100% sure as I haven't done it myself, but it might allow you to simply use your car as expensive headphones instead of completely controlling your iPod.

I would have confirmed this for you myself, but it seems that I have misplaced my cable.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Shawn, yes I'm from roclife :)

Yeah I've got an aux cable. I use it with my phone when I want to stream from pandora or hear my nav directions through the car (I don't use the OnStar).

The whole reason for the connectivity package and steering wheel controls were so that I didn't have to use my phone/iPod to change songs. Otherwise I'd just use the aux all the time and not the usb for the iPod.

This is happening with an iPod Touch, for the record. I'll have to try my other iPod to see if it's just the iPod or the car.

·
Premium Member
5,158 Posts
Looks like there are a few Rochester folks around. Mini-meet this summer, maybe? I'm about an hour south on I-390.

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
Looks like there are a few Rochester folks around. Mini-meet this summer, maybe? I'm about an hour south on I-390.
Of course :D just let me know. if we ever get e85 working with the new injectors I'll also be looking to get a new dyno run maybe at the end of winter

·
Resident Derp
2,806 Posts
It could just be the itouch itself. Being slightly different from the other iPod platforms(tech wise), it could lead to why shuffle wont work.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I got it today on my way home from work. Unplugged it, shuffled and then plugged back in. Then I was able to control it with my steering wheel controls, but then it shuffled albums. Unplugged it again and went back to songs and shuffled (I really thought I had it on that to begin with) and was fine the rest of the way home. Looks like I'll have to do this each time maybe or we'll see if my iPod will just shuffle the **** songs instead of resetting every time.

Anyways, you were right :D

·
Resident Derp
2,806 Posts
I think I got it today on my way home from work. Unplugged it, shuffled and then plugged back in. Then I was able to control it with my steering wheel controls, but then it shuffled albums. Unplugged it again and went back to songs and shuffled (I really thought I had it on that to begin with) and was fine the rest of the way home. Looks like I'll have to do this each time maybe or we'll see if my iPod will just shuffle the **** songs instead of resetting every time.

Anyways, you were right :D
What might help, before you plug your iTouch in, put it on shuffle for EVERYTHING (Albums, Artists, Playlists, Songs, etc.). Then, after plugging it in, press the MENU/SEL knob, then click play all, or click search and pick what you want.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts