Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, Not only am I new here but I am new to diesels. I have been racing and building gas engine all my life and this is not just my first new car but my first diesel. From what I have seen so far many members are very helpful and full of knowledge and hopefully I can help others out too to get the most out of their CTD. Just a little about me then we can talk cars. I live in Randolph NJ and I am a T-2 certified Amsoil dealer and I have ASE certifications P2, A1, A4, A5, and A8 and I am working on getting my P4 and my remaining A's. On to the car

I drive a 2015 CTD that has 7,200 miles on it, so far it has an Edge CTS2 monitor, winjet headlights, 55W 12,000K HIDS, K&N cold air intake with the filter replaced with an Amsoil air filter, the entire drivetrain has been converted over to Amsoil along with the cooling system, I change my oil every 3k miles until the car comes out of warranty the I will install a bypass setup. I only use B20 fuel which I add Opti-lube XL and BOOST to it. I am waiting to get my WS6 style ram air hood which I will then modify the current intake setup with flex hose to create 100% function ram air. thought it would be cool and different to be able to ram air into a turbo, I am also getting the trifecta tune soon and I will be running Hawk brake pads as soon as they come out because I HATE the way this car brakes, it has huge potential but it feels like it has ceramic pads and the brake fade is out of control, then again I'm used to my 88 s10 with a $4k Wilwood setup with hawk 5.0 pads front and rear. I have been thinking of a DPF delete but I'm still not sure, I want to do something with the exhaust but I want to keep it mellow, this is my daily and I don't needs cops harassing me, I love the professional / business man look of my car and I don't want to trash it. Also the car gets tint next week 35% all the way around

·
2,254 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I would love to see pictures of your car.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk.

·
2,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I second the notion for pictures. Good choice going with the Cruze CTD, enjoy!

·
Vendor
554 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Let us know if you have any questions about the CTD calibration you intend to purchase either via PM or direct inquiry at: [email protected] :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.