Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our version is a Holden Cruze.....I have a Diesel model and am trying to locate a workshop manual. The engine has a severe internal knocking:angry:....I have had no luck tracking one down...any help would be gratefully recieved

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Our version is a Holden Cruze.....I have a Diesel model and am trying to locate a workshop manual. The engine has a severe internal knocking:angry:....I have had no luck tracking one down...any help would be gratefully recieved
Welcome! We have a few Aussies on this forum who might be able to help you. I'd also suggest making this request in the diesel section for more visibility as well.

Reactions: BrandoFisher117

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
I think I have seen your post on the Holden Cruze Facebook page, I live in Sydney. The US diesel is a different engine and their manual would be useless. Are you in a motoring organization similar to the NRMA, as they may be able to help you find the cause. If you have the series one engine 2009 - 2011, it will be different to the series II 2011+. I have an owners manual for the series II but I don't think that will help much. This may sound silly, but see if your dipstick is bent as I know of 2 different cars that developed a knock only to find a bent dipstick was being hit by the crankshaft.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the tips...it is a 2010 model so probably the series one engine. so far I have removed the rocker cover and all looks ok so my next move was to remove the camshafts...that's why I'm chasing a workshop manual as its a little complex to do a feel as you go job

1 - 10 of 10 Posts