Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! I traded in a beater 2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Base for a red 2011 Cruze Eco about a month ago. You can find me Cruzin' around the Overland Park suburb of Kansas City. I'm enjoying my Cruze quite a bit so far, despite the fact that I only averaged about 34 mpg on the two-3 hour road trips I took back and forth to the middle of nowhere, Kansas last week. On the flip side, I did get my Cruze up to 120+ mph, and she was SO SMOOTH!! :)

I was reading elsewhere that an old update of the WOT-Trifecta ECU mapping could cause 1.4L Turbo Cruzes to average 34 mpg's. Anyone know anything else off the top of their heads that would be killing my mpg's?

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Welcome to CruzeTalk. 34 MPG is actually quite good at the speeds you were reporting.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
Welcome to the cruze talk Be cool stay cozy keep cruzen and Best Wishes !

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Welcome to CruzeTalk. 34 MPG is actually quite good at the speeds you were reporting.
Yeah, I was worried about that. Do you have to drive at like 55 to get the 40 mpg's that they advertise?

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Take a look at the stickies in our Fuel Economy forum for general improvements in MPG and then look at http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/27-fuel-economy/13421-hypermiling-eco-mt.html, which I wrote based on my experience driving my 2012 ECO MT around Denver.

As for highway fuel economy, I have driven from Denver to New Hampshire and back twice now running at the posted speed limit to +5 and both times averaged slightly over 40 MPG round trip.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Take a look at the stickies in our Fuel Economy forum for general improvements in MPG and then look at http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/27-fuel-economy/13421-hypermiling-eco-mt.html, which I wrote based on my experience driving my 2012 ECO MT around Denver.
Thanks yo. That's an awesome write up. I didn't know about the DFCO, and I'll have to start using that more religiously. It might take me a while to get the zero-throttle acceleration though.The clutch in my old Impreza was so sensitive, you couldn't do zero-throttle acceleration in it unless you were already pointed downhill. The 6MT in the Eco is much more forgiving.

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,274 Posts
*sigh* Third post...
That's Nice !

Post up a few pics . ITwill help get you aquainted and part of the new found Membership here ...We love pics !

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
*sigh* Third post...
Still a lot to learn about your car then :) Stick around even after you figure out how to drive your car for the best fuel efficiency. It took me ~5,000 miles to do this.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts