Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

as per newbie info I am introducing myself. My Cruze is 2011 2L Diesel 120kW sedan in black LTZ version. At the time of writing this post i have 105 000km on it (65000 miles) with first problem showing up unfortunately :/

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well first one i guess this forum already solved: Hard to put transmission (6MT) into 2nd gear during winter before it heats up (after engine @ operating temperature no problem at all). I already read the New Owners' Crash Course in Cruze Maintenance and there it advises to change oil there + overfill it. Thank you guys for that.

What troubles me is another problem:
  • Drive the car for a while
  • Press clutch and break (for example on red light, doesn't need to be fast breaking)
  • Engine RPM will be dropping below Idle and jumping up and down between 500-900
  • This will continue until
    • A: Car stops moving (brake can still be pressed)
    • or B: Releasing the brake for longer time while car is still moving
  • Then RPM is stable at idle (pressing the brake when car not moving at idle = IDLE rpm is stable)

At first i thought it is just RPM sensor or "gauge/display" acting up because engine doesn't produce vibrations or sound that would suggest it is close to stalling. But then driving at night i noticed when this is happening the lights intensity is going up and down together with RPMs.

Really baffled by this. I mean it never ever let the engine stall and if not for the "blinking lights" issue i wouldn't even chase the issue.

What is disappointing is attitude of local GM (Opel/chevy) attitude: I was at GM service here and they told me Cruze in general have problems with keeping idle rpms. It seems like they didn't even want to hear out the details about the problem. As soon as i told the "Idle rpm" they didn't even listen more just kept the it's Cruze just live with it attitude.

Thanks for help

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
I've not heard of an idle issue on the US diesels, and unfortunately I am not familiar with the Euro diesels. I know the negative battery cable has been known to cause electrical issues. That might be a starting point.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Hope you can get some solutions about your manual transmission. Have you changed the transmission fluid yet? Might be a place to begin if you have not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts