Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, installed my HID Head and Fog Lights this weekend. No need for relay harness for this kit from HID Factory. They even offer a 1 year warranty on the Ballast if you Install yourself. If they install, they offer 1 year on Lights, Ballast and Install.

Check out the website, theHIDFactory.com

They are a little on the pricy side, but hey you get what you pay for.

HID 6000K, Digital Ballast from HID Factory, Houston, Tx.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you go with 35 or 55 watt? I want to go HID but I don't want that blinding bright look. I like factory HID looking setups. Thanks..

EDIT: I see there is no option on their website. How was the install? Plug and play type?

35W is sufficient, and not blinding to others. Yes all it is plug and play, no relays or wiring harness. Intallation took about 1 hour.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That light bouncing off the stock housing is terrible :(

Thanks for your opinion!:idisagree:

As for your carbon fiber inside your car I think it looks cheap and tacky, oh well to each their own.....

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Caballero, All Shawn said was ...he didnt like the reflection of the "stock" housing. He didnt say it looks cheap or tacky or anything.....so come on now, be nice. We are not here to fight with one another because someone doesnt like something. lets just get a long and be friends.

As for your carbon fiber inside your car I think it looks cheap and tacky, oh well to each their own.....

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
I actually love the interior wrap that Shawn did. It gives the Cruze and nice "sporty" feel. If I had time for my interior and stopped worrying about my exterior this would be the first mod id do ahah.

Anyways, Take are fellas!

CHEVYCRUZE RS

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Caballero, All Shawn said was ...he didnt like the reflection of the "stock" housing. He didnt say it looks cheap or tacky or anything.....so come on now, be nice. We are not here to fight with one another because someone doesnt like something. lets just get a long and be friends.

Momma always told me if you don't have anything nice to say about something, say nothing:th_angelsmiley4:

He said it looked "Terrible", not that he didn't like it, there is a difference.

I'm not here to start anything, I've been on Club Lexus(2008 Lexus ES350) for almost 4 1/2 years now and no one has ever said anything bad about my car there. Guess I was expecting the same here when I purchased my Cruze and became a member:confused:

·
FI Lunatic
1,380 Posts

Thanking for the opinion and the "I disagree" should have ended it....but the cheap shot that followed

Momma always told me if you don't have anything nice to say about something, say nothing:th_angelsmiley4:
Violated your own rule:question::)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanking for the opinion and the "I disagree" should have ended it....but the cheap shot that followed

Violated your own rule:question::)
Eye for an Eye....????

Seems that no one is actually reading what Shawn wrote????????

If this was directed at your car, I'm sure you would have taken it offense to it also.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Shawn wasnt trying to start a fight or anything. He didnt say your car looks terrible he was talking about the housing in general. I say this because he said the exact same thing to me when I installed my H.I.Ds lol. In real life my hids are not that bright, i think the cameras make them look even more brighter. I hated the stock color of the headlights so I changed my headlights ONLY. Yellow fog lights are soon to come !

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Shawn wasnt trying to start a fight or anything. He didnt say your car looks terrible he was talking about the housing in general. I say this because he said the exact same thing to me when I installed my H.I.Ds lol. In real life my hids are not that bright, i think the cameras make them look even more brighter. I hated the stock color of the headlights so I changed my headlights ONLY. Yellow fog lights are soon to come !

No sweat off my back:eek:ccasion14: Shawn, if I'm ever up where your live, I'll buy the first round!

Yes, the camara does make alot of difference, and it does make it look brighter than what it originally is. I too may change the fog to bright yellow.

·
FI Lunatic
1,380 Posts
Eye for an Eye....????

Seems that no one is actually reading what Shawn wrote????????

If this was directed at your car, I'm sure you would have taken it offense to it also.
Again "Eye for an Eye" is not the same as keeping quiet in spite of others opinions one disagrees with.

Personally I don't give a rat's a$$ what anyone else says about my car until they start making the payments on it.:):)

As far as your HIDs, I think they look pretty cool. Already visited the website as I like the simplicity of a straight up install without the extra relay harnesses. This will be one mod I will make in the not so distant future.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Your a good sport Caballero!:) I like ahah.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
DRL's still work?
Yes DRL still work.

This are Digital Ballast and not Analog. You should not have any issue with these at all. I have had these on my Lexus for 3 years now with no issues.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts