Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a HID kit on eBay. Bi-Xenon, the bulbs tilt for high beam and low beam, but it seems to be reversed. So the cutoff for low beam is where high beam should be and vice versa. Can anyone think of a way to "trick" it back into the proper config? I've tried a few things, but they didn't work.

Right now I just have to flip to high beams so I don't blind people. Not a big deal, but just wondering if there's anything else I can do.

Any thoughts are appreciated :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind. I got it :)
Just had to reverse the low beam and high beam wires on the relay harness.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Question: When I installed mine today, the driver side worked but the passenger didn't. Any suggestions? This is my first bi-xenon kit, so I am a little confused!!!!
What kit did you buy and from where?

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
Question: When I installed mine today, the driver side worked but the passenger didn't. Any suggestions? This is my first bi-xenon kit, so I am a little confused!!!!
Not sure if this will help or not so I'm gonna post this anyways. Some kits don't have clips on the harness end that connect to the bulb. Turn your lights on and push the connector to the bulb firmly (if this is the problem, you'll know right away). I recently had the same experience and it ended up being the harness connection wasn't fully engaged to the bulb. Simple fix was to push the 2 ends together as hard as possible and applying a bit of electrical tape on it to keep them together. Never had an issue since. By the way, this was a zentec conversion kit if it matters.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lol it is the passenger side. I used the vibramount from my injen kit as a ground. Maybe that was my problem. I'll try again tomorrow.
I remember trying to use the vibramount. Didn't work for me. I had to ground it on the bare metal, don't even know what it's called, just on the edge of the wheel well. I did the ghetto way and just electrical taped it hahaha.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having troublites with my highbeams. I've been through multiple aftermarket bulbs and had no luck. Now i am using Lumens HIDs and still having the issue.

My DRLs work fine, aswell as my low beams; however my high beams have worked everytime for a couple days, then quit. Do 2013 Cruzes have a burnt out light detection system that would cause my highbeams to not turn on? Has anybody run into any problems with aftermarket high beams?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.