Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed Kensun 6k HID bi-xenon conversion kit. I got everything installed however, i haven't mounted the ballast yet because i am trying to find a good spot. As of right now they are sitting atop the plastic shielding of the headlight assembly. I was wondering if this was a good place to mount them, i don't know if drilling in a little screw to the top of the plastic shielding would damage the housing or not? any thoughts on if this would hurt, or ideas of where to mount them.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I just got done mounting some ballasts for my retro. What exactly do you mean by the plastic shielding? I put the passenger side ballast right onto the air filter box, just a few ½ inch screws should do it, with no damage to the box itself. For the driver side i just drilled a few holes into the front side of the plastic box that holds the battery. If you still have the stock battery, it should be small enough so you have extra space up front to mount the ballast on either the inside, or outside of the box.

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
I'd think that is a place that would see a LOT of water when driving in the rain (above the headlights). And my understanding is you want to keep them as dry as is practical.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yes, boneheaddoctor (lol), is correct. You do NOT want to mount them there, it would be too easy for water to leak in. You don't want to have an opening anywhere on your headlight housing. Here is where I have mine mounted. Sorry its dark and crappy pictures, I can take better ones when its light out. Passenger side on the air filter and driver side on the battery box.

Auto part Engine Automotive fuel system Vehicle Car
Auto part Engine Vehicle Car Automotive engine part

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay so the brackets they had given me did not fit the ballast correctly, they are sending me the correct ones right now, but for now all i did was got some 3M double sided industrial tape and stuck them to the location above the headlights. (did not drill anything) i dont like that place really cause its a silver object sitting on top of black so it doesnt look that good anyway but it works for right now

·
Registered
134 Posts
yeah that should be ok for now. I know a lot of people use that strong industrial plastic velcro because they can't find a place to drill some holes, so thats always a backup option.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah that should be ok for now. I know a lot of people use that strong industrial plastic velcro because they can't find a place to drill some holes, so thats always a backup option.
yeah when they get in ill probably mount them where you had them. Side question im puttin in new turn signals bulbs in making my headlights look all white. I have to put load resistors in, which wire do i tape the load resistor into..i see theres three wires leading into the turn signal

·
Registered
134 Posts
Are you sure you have to use load resistors? I have an all LED setup on my taillights and license plate bulbs, and haven't had a problem with the computers telling me I have a bulb out because of the decreased resistance. I'd try it first without the resistors and see if it works, but I'm not sure which wire you would have to tap into anyway. Are they switchbacks that you're installing?

·
Registered
625 Posts
The tails, markers and tags won't need a resistor. The turns need them to avoid hyperblink/hyperflash. The lower resistance of the led bulbs allows the relay to run faster causing the blinkers to flash fast. Adding a resistor brings the resistance back to that of a filament bulb.

The load resistors should be tied into the green w/white tracer on the drivers and green w/purple tracer on right side

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The tails, markers and tags won't need a resistor. The turns need them to avoid hyperblink/hyperflash. The lower resistance of the led bulbs allows the relay to run faster causing the blinkers to flash fast. Adding a resistor brings the resistance back to that of a filament bulb.

The load resistors should be tied into the green w/white tracer on the drivers and green w/purple tracer on right side
Awesome thanks for the info!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Fog lights shouldn't be the issue. Are the resistors making good contact with the wiring.

I thought so i put them in T-clips and even wrapped the wires before doing so....Tomorrow at work im going to take them off and see if maybe i can get a better connection..other then that i dont know what would be causing it :-/

·
Registered
133 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.