Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
24K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  jbaker2810 
#1 ·
Hello everyone I am hoping someone here can help diagnose my headlight problem. When I turn on the high beams, the headlights and fog lights turn off. As soon as I turn them off again, the running and fog lights turn back on. Back in January I installed HIDs for both headlights and fog lights and the high beams worked fine. I have not needed to turn on my high beams in a long time so I am not sure how long the problem has been going on. Any Suggestions?

#3 ·
Please confirm, when you turn on your high beams, your saying that both the left and right headlights turn off. Fog lights should turn off as this would be normal. So, what's causing your headlight issue? Initial thoughts was that the bulbs are bad but for both to burn out is unlikely. Do you have bi-xenon bulbs?

#6 · (Edited)
Headlights and fog lights are designed to turn off when high beams are turned on.

That said, I would recommend that you get rid of those bulbs immediately and put the stock ones back in. That isn't an HID bulb (nor would I recommend one). That is just a halogen bulb with a blue tint that reduces output.

Sent from mobile.

#13 ·
Center fogs on my Cruze are 13" above the ground level. Proper adjustment on a level surface at 25' is a beam height of 12". Suppose the DOT is concerned about blinding an oncoming vehicle vehicle if your brights are on. Also suppose the DOT is smoking crack.

DOT is on furlough now, considered non-essential personnel, sure got that part right.

#12 ·
Something to deal with DOT crap.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 3.
Which is bigger than my hand.

#15 ·
I have a similar problem. My low beams and fogs work fine but when I try to turn on the high beams, nothing happens. I have checked the bulbs and the filaments look good. I read in another thread that there may be a problem with the BCM module.
If it is the BCM I also read there is no way to fix it except by replacing the entire under hood fuse-block.
Can anyone confirm this?
A new fuse block cost about $155 so I would like someone else opinion before purchasing such an expensive part.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.