Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I switch on the high beams-nothing glows-no highs, lows, or fogs. On low beam, lows & fogs work. There is no power under both high beam fuses #37 & #38 in checking them, but both are good. My Question is where is the high beam relay in the engine compartment fuse block-what number is it?

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Good question. I'll have to check the manual. Its certainly not showing up in the underhood listing nor the owner's manual. I hope it's not one of those relays that are part of the fuseblock itself and not changeable.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Likely BCM controlled.....no relay......near as I can figure.
From what I remember of the schematics, the high beams and fog lights are controlled by a relay driven by the BCM.

The low beam and all the low power stuff (parking, running, turn signal, brake, etc) is all driven directly off the BCM.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Bad news. The high-beam is one of 5 PCB relays that are part of the underhood fuseblock and considered non-serviceable. (Not a plug-in relay.) So it appears that you'd have to replace the whole fuseblock. At least if you want to do it the GM way. The GM Direct price is $150.

I haven't looked at it, but I'd suspect if you knew how to change parts on a PC Board, it probably wouldn't be too hard to replace the relay. You might get lucky and find a cracked solder joint that just needs to be reheated.

There is no power under both high beam fuses #37 & #38 in checking them, but both are good.
The fuses are after the relay. If the relay never closes, they'll never have power. So that's pointing to a problem in the relay or a connection in the fuseblock. (Or maybe the BCM/wiring harness.)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bad news. The high-beam is one of 5 PCB relays that are part of the underhood fuseblock and considered non-serviceable. (Not a plug-in relay.) So it appears that you'd have to replace the whole fuseblock. At least if you want to do it the GM way. The GM Direct price is $150. "
Hi,
I’m facing a problem that seems to be connected to this issue with my cruze 2011.
My high beam does not stay on.
When I pull up the light handle the high beams turns on and turn off when I leave the handle.
When I pull it down, most of the time the high beam does not turn on. There are some rare times when it will turn and stay on.

I thought the handle is the cause of this, so I replaced it but it did not change a thing.

So probably the cause is in some relay.
Where does these “5 PCB relays that are part of the underhood fuseblock” are located?
Is there a schematic of these PCB so I will know which relay I should replace?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.