Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I have a 2012 Cruze turbo and I have two issues with the headlights.

#1) I can flash the high beams by pulling the turn signal arm toward my so I know they work. However, pushing the blinker arm does nothing, the lights don't even flash. Do I need a new blinker arm assembly or is it something else.

#2) The headlights are very dim. The lenses are nice and clear but the old fashion bulbs just don't put out enough light for my tired old eyes. My questions is, will replacement bulbs (LED'S) be significantly better or should I save up and get entirely new projector headlights. I really don't want to spend the hundred's that projector's cost but I also don't want to waste $$$ on LED bulbs alone if they don't make much difference.

Recommendations and suggestions as to what to get and where to get it would be most welcome.

Than you.
Brian

Administrator
2014 LT program car, Pull Me Over Red, 1.4T Auto
Hi everyone,
I have a 2012 Cruze turbo and I have two issues with the headlights.

#1) I can flash the high beams by pulling the turn signal arm toward my so I know they work. However, pushing the blinker arm does nothing, the lights don't even flash. Do I need a new blinker arm assembly or is it something else.

#2) The headlights are very dim. The lenses are nice and clear but the old fashion bulbs just don't put out enough light for my tired old eyes. My questions is, will replacement bulbs (LED'S) be significantly better or should I save up and get entirely new projector headlights. I really don't want to spend the hundred's that projector's cost but I also don't want to waste $$$ on LED bulbs alone if they don't make much difference.

Recommendations and suggestions as to what to get and where to get it would be most welcome.

Than you.
Brian
Are you saying that the high beams do not turn on or that they are not bright enough?

If it is the former, the bulb is the same, the configuration changes, so the mechanism may be bad, but if it is the latter, LEDs will definitely be brighter, but since not a single manufacturer has been able to configure an LED setup to work with the stock Cruze housings, they will look to oncoming traffic as if you have your brights on when you do not. And in my case, when I turn on the brights, they seem to dim.

Registered
If you install LED bulbs, make sure the LED's are facing side to side, not up and down. I had beamtechs in my old factory housings for a couple years and had no one flash at me. 馃枛

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you saying that the high beams do not turn on or that they are not bright enough?

If it is the former, the bulb is the same, the configuration changes, so the mechanism may be bad, but if it is the latter, LEDs will definitely be brighter, but since not a single manufacturer has been able to configure an LED setup to work with the stock Cruze housings, they will look to oncoming traffic as if you have your brights on when you do not. And in my case, when I turn on the brights, they seem to dim.

The high beams come on when I pull on the blinker arm and they stay on as long as I hold it pulled toward me. They turn off immediately when I release it.
When I push on the blinker arm nothing happens at all.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you install LED bulbs, make sure the LED's are facing side to side, not up and down. I had beamtechs in my old factory housings for a couple years and had no one flash at me. 馃枛

I see different Lumen numbers for their LED lights. Is a higher number better or should I stick in a certain range?

Registered
The high beams come on when I pull on the blinker arm and they stay on as long as I hold it pulled toward me. They turn off immediately when I release it.
When I push on the blinker arm nothing happens at all.
Have you checked the relay in the fuse box area? The multifunction switch (blinker arm) doesn't carry the current of the headlights. They're controlled through a relay.

Registered
For your first question, you can have a check of the relay, once the relay is broken, the lights won't turn on with the switch. For the second, LED light bulbs are definitely brighter, If you drive a lot at night and find the light too dim, I would recommend you to upgrade your headlights to LEDs. I replaced my Cruze's headlights with auxito led bulbs few months ago, they work way good and high beams do a very good job of Illuminating the road further away.
Automotive lighting Infrastructure Road surface Asphalt Atmospheric phenomenon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts