Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

High pitch squeal when accelerating

12006 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Lazer
2012 Chevy Cruze LT 222,000km

This has been building up over past few days and seems to be when engine and everything is warm. When accelerating from stop I hear a very high pitched squeal but it's still so faint I can't tell where it's coming from at all. I know it's not the brakes because nothing happens when applied out of the ordinary.

Few notes: month ago service power steering came up. I checked connections and then it never showed up again after that.

We had a MASSIVE wind storm that whipped up dirt all even on the inside of my engine bay (130kph wind) maybe something is just dirty?

Thanks
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
572 Posts
Is your air conditioning on?

If not, the belt or tensioner. Could do both to be safe. I believe with the AC on it could be the water pump. Not 100% sure on that second part. The first fixed my noises.

· Registered
152 Posts
Mine squealed when the PCV nipple disappeared. Basically anything over ~5PSI of boost would squeal. I have a short ram intake so it was very noticeable as is the stock blow-off sound. Any other manifold leak could also cause the noise. Also I believe there was a notice/recall about the electric power steering.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.