Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 Chevy Cruze LT 222,000km

This has been building up over past few days and seems to be when engine and everything is warm. When accelerating from stop I hear a very high pitched squeal but it's still so faint I can't tell where it's coming from at all. I know it's not the brakes because nothing happens when applied out of the ordinary.

Few notes: month ago service power steering came up. I checked connections and then it never showed up again after that.

We had a MASSIVE wind storm that whipped up dirt all even on the inside of my engine bay (130kph wind) maybe something is just dirty?

Thanks

·
Registered
576 Posts
Is your air conditioning on?

If not, the belt or tensioner. Could do both to be safe. I believe with the AC on it could be the water pump. Not 100% sure on that second part. The first fixed my noises.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Mine squealed when the PCV nipple disappeared. Basically anything over ~5PSI of boost would squeal. I have a short ram intake so it was very noticeable as is the stock blow-off sound. Any other manifold leak could also cause the noise. Also I believe there was a notice/recall about the electric power steering.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.