Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2015 1.4t manual Cruze. I really am interested in the trifecta tune but am just a tiny bit skeptical at how the tune effects longevity of the engine. Does anyone know/heard of some high mileage cruzes with the trifecta tune? Or some cars that have been damaged by the tune?
thanks guys.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
Since aftermarket tunes put more stress on the engine, there is a small chance that you will have engine failures. In fact, we have seen early engine part failures on a small number of tuned Cruze, but as far as I know they all occurred early and were covered under warranty.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually am a mechanic for gm and rarely see cruzes in for engines. I have seen maybe two, but considering there are about a million cruzes in my city, 2 is not a lot. I really am interested in this tune, but I am just on the fence because I need reliability as well.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I've put about 5k on since I've been tuned, with no issues so far. Only 19500 on the clock right now though, so that probably doesn't give you that warm fuzzy feeling you were looking for. Lol. I KNOW there are people tuned with a lot more miles than me though.

·
Super Moderator
5,127 Posts
I am tuned and I just turned over 60K(tuned at 34K about 1.5 yrs ago) on my 2012 Eco with no problems. I know the car has extra power but I don't drive it like it is now magically a big block V8. My only concern over the time has been MPG? Driving different, or other problems with the car. The tune is fine for the car as long as you realize you just have extra power just not a converted Corvette etc.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol.i defiantly don't intend on racing/beating the **** out of it. I do have a summer toy that excites me speed wise, just the drivability gains from the trifecta tune is what I really am after.

·
Super Moderator
5,127 Posts
Lol. I defiantly don't intend on racing/beating the **** out of it. I do have a summer toy that excites me speed wise, just the driveability gains from the trifecta tune is what I really am after.
The tune will definitely give you the power that you are looking for to make the 1.4 more driveable and easier to maneuver through traffic and hills. I was back and forth with mine at first due to another problem I was having with my brakes. After I removed the tune after having it installed, I missed it emphatically and couldn't wait to reinstall. I think you can't go wrong with it. I even had one on my 2011 LS with the 1.8 for the same reason you are siting(driveability). Only thing it may require you to use premium gas esp in the summer. But premium is the best type of gas to use with these motors anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts