Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night was going to pick up my gf from work and the light was completely green for about 5 seconds and I started going and out of nowhere and hit me on my driver side right before my front wheel. It ripped of my bumper completely and pushed back the radiator and she got out of the car screaming at me saying I hit her and yada yada yada but I didn't argue back and let the cops handle back

After the cops came she started acting crazy well long story short they found a half bottle of alcohol in her car she swares that it wasn't hers and it was completely sealed and it was leaking like really lol.

But after that was done I had to take off what was left of my bumper completely and I drove it home to take off all of the mods took about 3 hours but I am fine just a little sore this morning and mad that I couldn't drive my car to work lol but ill post up some pictures later today after work! :)

·
Premium Member
25,596 Posts
I would definitely follow up with the DA and not let her plea bargin. She needs to be in jail. I would also follow up to see if she had a valid driver's license and insurance that meet your state's requirements. If no on either I would press to have those charges added.

<rant> In my opinion Drunk drivers should have their cars confiscated on conviction unless there was a stolen car report by the actual owner of the car. No plea bargins, no exceptions. This appears to be the only way to force them off the road. </rant>

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i was suprised also. i had to take off the front bumper so i asked one of the cops if he had a torx bit that i can use but he said no i have a saw will that work? so i said yeah and had to saw off the bumper and drove it home. the best part was she was like flipping out like spread out on her car saying you hit me and your getting arrested. she was crazy and her licsene plate toddler.... great mom of the year

but she has insurance and a valid licsene so called this morning and now starts the headache of insurance battles :(

·
Administrator
15,765 Posts
yeah i was suprised also. i had to take off the front bumper so i asked one of the cops if he had a torx bit that i can use but he said no i have a saw will that work? so i said yeah and had to saw off the bumper and drove it home. the best part was she was like flipping out like spread out on her car saying you hit me and your getting arrested. she was crazy and her licsene plate toddler.... great mom of the year

but she has insurance and a valid licsene so called this morning and now starts the headache of insurance battles :(
Shouldn't be much of a headache when she was driving under the influence and the police have it on record. There will be no question about who's fault this is.

I'm glad you're doing ok though.

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
Sorry to hear about your Cruze. I know what you are going through. About two weeks ago I was driving my wife's 2000 Olds Intrigue, just passed annual emissions testing and we were rear ended. Turns out the other driver had bogus insurance card. So I am out the deductable. Car value was less then the repair estimate, so Insurance totaled and we had to replace the car. So now have big car payments, but wife has a nice new Honda CR-V LX AWD.

·
Premium Member
4,490 Posts
**** buddy sorry to hear that are you getting another cruze.

h3llion

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
here is a pic from the scene of the accident it doesn't look that bad but it is alot worse than that. it is at about 6grand in repairs without looking at the tranny and brakes. and i know that the brakes are messed up for sure. also going to need whole new front bumper and rad and a couple of other things like that. ut i am most likely going to get rid of the cruze and get another car :( i dont know what i am going to go and get yet but that is probably my best bet to do that in the long run.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Thank god that you are ok. Very sorry about your though! Make sure it doesnt leave the repair shop until all the issues have been addressed. Believe me I speak from personal experience.

Sent from my DROID3 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Sry to hear bout your car, glad your ok. Hope she gets the maximum punishment...TIME IN PRISON!!!!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the best part is she has had other drunk driving charges and she just got off of probation a month ago for a drunk driving charge.... she got 7 different charges for my accident

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
just thought i would give you all an update on the situation. so as of right now because i did not try to avoid her as in trying to swerve, blow my horn or anything like that they are not going to pay for anything on my car or nothing in that nature. because apparently i am a 1% part of causing the accident even though i did not see her coming or anything like that so it is competely ridiclous that they are trying to say anything like this at all.

this really pisses me off that they say that and all they are trying to do is get out of a payment to pay off of their client. this just really sucks it really does. :(

·
Registered
218 Posts
just thought i would give you all an update on the situation. so as of right now because i did not try to avoid her as in trying to swerve, blow my horn or anything like that they are not going to pay for anything on my car or nothing in that nature. because apparently i am a 1% part of causing the accident even though i did not see her coming or anything like that so it is competely ridiclous that they are trying to say anything like this at all.

this really pisses me off that they say that and all they are trying to do is get out of a payment to pay off of their client. this just really sucks it really does. :(

Are you freaking kidding me?? That's absolutely ridiculous. I'm sorry you are going through all this.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts