Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,157 Posts
Welcome!

The biggest ones are to play around with the fuel octane, spark plug gaps, and tire pressure. Running higher octane than 87 can be cheaper overall due to better fuel economy. The spark plug gaps were inconsistent in past years, not sure if GM's finally gotten around to screaming at NGK yet. Gap them at 0.028" to 0.035" and leave them alone. Also, the recommended tire pressure is for comfort, not handling. Bump it up (but do not go over the pressure listed on the sidewall!!!!!) if the handling is a little mushy.

Lastly, if you ever feel the need for more power, there are two excellent tunes out for the Cruze. The Trifecta tune and the Vermont tune. Which is the better tune is the source of endless debate, but they're both good in my eyes. Both will need 91+ octane every single tank, though.

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hi Longershanks

Congrats on your new Cruze purchase! Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions concerning your Cruze.

Jackie
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been experimenting with octanes to check performance, ecomony, etc. Will add tire pressures to the to do's. Thanks for the heads up on plug gaps. Weather is good, engine is cool...think I'll check the gaps this afternoon.
Thanks again!
LS

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
Welcome to the cruze talk Be cool stay cozy keep cruzen and Bet Wishes with your new cruzen !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts