Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've just purchased a new 2014 Holden SRI hatch (manual) and I was wondering if anyone has heard of any known issues with them I should keep my eye out for?

Also a friend mentioned that you need to 'run in' a car if bought new, is this correct for the Cruze and how does one 'run in' a manual car?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
91 Posts
just don't flog it too hard for the first 500ks or so,vary your speed and rpm as much as possible try to avoid full throttle "drag strip" takeoffs and you should be right.
As for issues,the only one I know of is some slight notchyness in the electric steering at highway speeds,my sri-z hatch has this issue,there is a thread about it in this forum somewhere i will be mentioning it to the dealer on first service

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Along with taking it easy on your takeoffs (like a bat out of ****) you should run your "break in oil" to around 800ks but no more than 3200ks. I know the dealerships won't exchange oil for about 11500ks but you want to drain out the oil and check for shavings etc to ensure there isn't a serious problem waiting to happen. Wait to put in full synthetic until your third oil change. Also, change out the filter each time as well. Using an Amsoil filter is my first choice and then Wix brand. Not sure what you have down under.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts