Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read online that Holden is replacing the cruze with the astra in Australia for their 2017 me model
Is this happening in the states as well?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Cruze is an Astra in Chevrolet drag, is it not? Chevrolet is still a strong brand in the USA, so, probably 'Cruze' is here in the USA to stay... but it's the same car, right?

Image: My new 2017 Cruze Hatchback parked ahead of a Saturn Astra hatchback (rare car in the USA), taken the day after I got my car from the dealer! Before this event, I never noticed a Saturn Astra hatch on the road, didn't know they even existed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
We ordered the first 2008 Saturn Astra XR 5 door in Toledo, but GM lost it for 3 months once it got to the POE in the U.S. We canceled the order before they found it and delivered it. The Saturn Astra was a re-badged Opel Astra then. Opel is still making Astras in Europe (Austria I think). There were very few Saturn Astras sold here. The local dealer sold less than two dozen before GM pulled the plug on the entire brand.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,794 Posts
It does look like the new Astra is definitely the same body (mostly) as the Cruze this time around. Not so in years previous.

·
Registered
948 Posts
In Oz, the GM-H Astra is (this time around, again) the Opel Astra.

Previous recipients of such badge-engineering by GM-H include the Nissan Pulsar and the Toyota Corolla.

Nothing to do with any Cruze manufactured anywhere for sale in any region. If only we could get the Korean-built Cruze again, mine seems pretty much bullet-proof.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts