Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

Holden Spark Gap

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Etherlite 
#1 ·
Hi all,

This is some insight mainly for those from Australia, but also a recap of the spark plug gap issue of the Chevy's.

I have a 2011 Cruze CD, 1.8. After reading about the spark plug gap issues everyone else was having I thought I'd check mine too. Given we have exactly the same engine import it made sense.

Sure enough, same issue. My gaps weren't quite as bad, in fact my issue was the gap was too big, not too small like the Chevy's.
They were between 1.0 - 1.3mm (0.039 - 0.051 inches).

Anyway, I gapped them all to 0.9mm as suggested by NGK (turns out they are the recommended NGK plugs too), and WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a difference!!!! Throttle response is so much better than it was; I really have a lot of fun driving now in semi-auto. It's brilliant! :D
Unfortunately I can see fun getting in the way of my fuel economy :p

#3 ·
Yeah it is gutless until you re-gap the sparks and drive it in semi-auto mode; COMPLETELY different car. I find I rarely need the power anyway, but when I do, quick down-shift, bam, off I go.

I guess the main issue is, most people wouldn't drive it/have the knowledge to drive it how I do and that's where the 'gutless' comments come from. But if you know how to handle it, it's brilliant.

Then again, the idea in drive is a smooth, economical ride, and it does that very well.
I'm very, very happy with the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.