Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Our Aussie Cruze seems to have always been leaps and bounds ahead of the US Cruze, however it's been the opposite with the Barina (Sonic).

Well Holden has caught up. They're finally putting the 1.4T into the Barina along with sports suspension, body kit etc.
2014 Holden Barina RS: Features And Specifications For Australia | Reviews | Prices | Australian specifications
We're even using the US name of "RS" instead of "SRi".

It's about time they entered the "warm hatch" light car market. With the 1.4T Barina RS and 1.6T Cruze SRi on offer hopefully we'll see a 2.0T dropped into the Malibu some time soon.

·
Premium Member
4,147 Posts
hopefully we'll see a 2.0T dropped into the Malibu some time soon.
We have already, 2.0TD is available as an option. I doubt the petrol 2.0T will become available soon though, at least not in the Malibu. An LPG powered V6 would be nice though!

·
Resident Forum Drunkard
9,273 Posts
You Aussies gonna get the Roller skate sized Spark also ?

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We have already, 2.0TD is available as an option. I doubt the petrol 2.0T will become available soon though, at least not in the Malibu. An LPG powered V6 would be nice though!
I was referring to a petrol 2.0T.
And I'm pretty sure that I read an article a couple of months ago suggesting that a 2.0T will make it's way into the Malibu in 2014/2015.
With high compression and turbocharged petrol's, high tech diesels and hybrid/electric cars on the rise LPG is a thing of the past now so I find it unlikely (unless they make a model aimed solely at taxi drivers).

FYI GM is currently designing/testing a turbocharged 2.0L |4 (to replace the N/A V6's), twin-turbocharged 3.6L V6 (to replace the N/A V8's) and twin-turbocharged 4.5L V8 (to replace the supercharged V8's).

Don't know what the spark is called here or if we have it. We do have this though, is this it?

Holden Barina Spark - Price, Specifications and Reviews | CarAdvice
Yea our Barina Spark is their Spark. Significantly smaller and lighter than the Barina (Sonic) at just 1000kg and under 3.6m!!! Also comes with a piddly 1.25L engine only.

Reactions: jblackburn
1 - 6 of 6 Posts