Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,488 Posts
The 1.6TD is every bit as spunky as the 2.0TD was, and a lot less turbo/throttle lag to boot. Still lots of torque and a WHOLE lot less weight than the 2014-15 CTD.

The Accord does look promising with the 2.0T, though. My parents might take a look at one - they have a 2007 2.4. Although the V6 was awesome, it really didn't sell many. I wonder how many will actually spring for the larger engine in the 2018.

·
2,170 Posts
If you want a real ripper, the 2017 Fusion Sport with the 325 HP 375 Ft-lb twin turbo 2.7L V6 and AWD is a serious performance sedan. The only problem is they don't offer it with a manual. :(

Reactions: jblackburn

·
17,488 Posts
If you want a real ripper, the 2017 Fusion Sport with the 325 HP 375 Ft-lb twin turbo 2.7L V6 and AWD is a serious performance sedan. The only problem is they don't offer it with a manual. :(
I wish I could afford payments on one with all the options I want every month. It would edge very close to a $40k car...and I'd get in trouble with one.

The new Camry will, surprisingly, pack 301 HP out of its new V6. And apparently doesn't suck to drive (gasp). I'd like to see a drag race between one and a Fusion Sport.

·
2,170 Posts
I wish I could afford payments on one with all the options I want every month. It would edge very close to a $40k car...and I'd get in trouble with one.

The new Camry will, surprisingly, pack 301 HP out of its new V6. And apparently doesn't suck to drive (gasp). I'd like to see a drag race between one and a Fusion Sport.
My mother traded her V6 200 for the Fusion Sport. It's really nice, and worth every bit of the 33-39K price tag. The Fusion is AMAZINGLY QUICK when it's in the right gear and has boost built. (Which it's really good about since it has a no-nonsense 6-speed auto instead of a ridiculous 9-speed) Sometimes when you catch it off guard, it's only kind of quick, then it finds the right gear and spools up then it goes super sonic. It's a really good thing it has AWD. I'd like to drive one of those V6 Camrys and that turbo Accord as well. I'm glad manufacturers are starting to make performance sedans again.

Reactions: jblackburn

·
Registered
253 Posts
did any of you actually look at the car? The front end of this looks like it was done by a guy staring at the face of Zombie from the walking dead. I though Lexus front ends were bad this is freaking terrible. The interior looks fine except for the touch screen sticking up.

·
17,488 Posts
did any of you actually look at the car? The front end of this looks like it was done by a guy staring at the face of Zombie from the walking dead. I though Lexus front ends were bad this is freaking terrible.
It's not too bad when you park it next to one of the new Civics (especially a hatchback, Si, or Type R). Yeesh...

I don't much care for the new Camry's face either, but I'd give it the styling nod over the Accord.

I really don't know what Honda's design department is trying to do, but aside from the new CRV, yuck.

The interior looks fine except for the touch screen sticking up.
Seems to be the new thing, though at least the iPad crap sticking out of the dash is fading away. The new Malibu and Equinox are similar. It looks to be a definite interior upgrade over the 2013-2017 Accord, which I never thought really fit in with modern interior designs (it looked massively outdated, especially the infotainment stuff).

·
2,254 Posts
1. Looks like a morbidly obese Civic.

2. Reliability is going to the crapper.

3. They're retarded for getting rid of the V6.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.