Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to drive my '11 1.4l turbo a/t Cruze LTZ to Vermont (from me that's 4 and a half hours) and recently hit 38k miles, I've run the gum out through a full tank, decreased engine bay/fire wall, I've power washed undercarriage after salty/snowy winters here in NE, I have kept a coat of wax on the paint throughout its life on gods green earth and I do electrical work out of my car, my car runs perfectly, some minor ware do to my area of work but nothing crazy, I was wondering if there's more I can do? Is a transmission flush recommended at my mileage or soon to, anything I can do to stop oxidation and rust in my undercarriage? Remove rough idle?

2011 Chevy Cruze LTZ 1.4L Turbo

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,486 Posts
Rough idle - run 89/93 octane instead of 87. It will help acceleration and MPG too.

You can also look into replacing the spark plugs with one of the two brands recommended in the first post here:
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/34-1-4l-turbo/21850-hesitation-gone.html

Transmission flush: yes - do it now or before 45,000 miles. The auto transmissions tend to be rough on fluid and will begin to smash into drive from a stop or change gears very clunkily when the fluid gets dirty/worn-out.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
Is a transmission flush recommended at my mileage
Fluid change, yes. If by "flush" you mean running extra fluid though, that's fine. If you're talking about running a special flushing fluid though - don't.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rough idle - run 89/93 octane instead of 87. It will help acceleration and MPG too.

You can also look into replacing the spark plugs with one of the two brands recommended in the first post here:
http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/34-1-4l-turbo/21850-hesitation-gone.html

Transmission flush: yes - do it now or before 45,000 miles. The auto transmissions tend to be rough on fluid and will begin to smash into drive from a stop or change gears very clunkily when the fluid gets dirty/worn-

Thanks for the reply that helped !!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts