Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Driving on a warm day, w/o air on, went about 20 miles and noticed that my right leg which was resting against the plastic tunnel cover was getting very warm, reached down and found out that the transmission tunnel closest to the firewall was VERY warm, almost hot,,,felt around inside and there was a metal box that burned my fingers from probing around, however, the passenger side was no issue and just cool to the touch. Does anyone else have this issue, and if you did how did you fix it,,other than turning on the air to cool things down.

·
Premium Member
3,975 Posts
There have been numerous posts here on this subject, in both the service forum and the general discussion forum. A trip to the dealership is in order.

·
Registered
682 Posts
That's only a transmission tunnel on RWD or AWD cars. On our cars, that's the exhaust downpipe tunnel. As others have said, pay your dealer a visit.
Beat me to the correction punch lol

But yes that area is a known issue. Dealer will install insulation on the pipe I believe. Or you can pop the cover off and DIY as some have done here already.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts