Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I've searched the forum and saw a few threads about this(all old) and have thus decided that i'm going to start using some premium gas and when my engine cools down i'm going to check my plug gaps. Outside of this, and a pricey tune, what else can I do to get this Cruze to run right in this weather? it's currently only 94F(34.4C) and it's been running pretty sloppy today, and in 2 weeks I have to drive all the way from the gulf coast to Illinois, Any other low cost suggestions(and preferably not warranty voiding) would be greatly appreciated.
What year of Cruze do you have? 1.4 turbo I assume? Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I have a 14 Eco 6 speed manual, engine runs well even in hot weather so long as I keep the engine running more than 1500 rpm, I live in Indiana so not very much hot weather here, I have only run 87 and it runs fine. Sounds like the older 1.4 doesn't run well on 87 in hot weather.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Just a suggestion. I would think about finding another dealer. If your car is still under bumper to bumper warranty, any suggestion of charging you is just nonsense. I would drive a new Cruze and compare how it drives in the extreme heat vs your car. I have 14 Eco 6 speed and just drove to Chicago from Indy and the car got almost 45 mpg but it was no warmer than 75 out and rain. My only complaint is the lack of better lumbar support. Love the car and how it performs.

Keep at it and hope the new plugs help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.