Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,845 Posts
A tune won't help with no power at low RPM. The ECU is pulling power because it's knocking from being heat soaked at a stop - these cars are pretty bad about it.

Throw away the stock plugs and put in some of those BKR8EIX plugs. My car is tons more drivable, even with the AC on, with them. My first summer, with improperly gapped plugs, and trying to run 87 octane, the car would just about stall or cut ALL power when pulling out in traffic - it was terrible. Now I have no issues darting across traffic to make a quick left turn.

I run 87/89 in cold weather, and 93 in summer months. I don't mind doing it just in summer months, but I, too, bought the car because I thought it would run fine on regular.

A little bit of Freon added and my A/C works pretty good for a small car.

·
17,845 Posts
Mazda claims to have a gasoline engine with a 16:1 compression that ignites the fuel without the use of spark plugs.

Sent from the sexy electrician
I've always wondered why they haven't tried this before. Harder to control than a diesel burn maybe? Too much variation? Hmm.

·
17,845 Posts
my 2012 runs great here in the florida heat,especially after the ecu reflash,but in the last few weeks in the plus 100 degree heat,after I shut my engine off my fan has been running around 5 to 10 minutes cooling off my turbo
we really need a larger intercooler
That's part of the software update - it is put in place to help keep oil from coking in the turbo return lines.

The intercooler works fine if the car is moving down the road - it's just sandwiched between the hot AC condensor and hot radiator, so heat soaks like crazy at a stop.

·
17,845 Posts
Ya the Cruze Sucks when its 80f and up that for sure! JBlackburn I wonder if we put in an aftermarket Pusher fan in to help with heat soak ?!
Some tuners kick the radiator fan up a speed or two. But I don't think it would do much good if it's still pulling really hot air through the AC condenser and radiator.

If you had an aftermarket inter cooler with a fan behind it, kinda like people do with off road transmission coolers, that would probably help.

·
17,845 Posts
Well, Just got back from my appointment with the dealership, and I can atleast say the service staff were helpful and saved me some money. Rather than charge me the $125 diagnosis fee, the guy I was working with opted to ride with me and tell me whether it was performing as usual, or if he noticed anything wrong. Atleast I didn't have to pay anything. Per the service dude, the car is performing the way all of the cruzes on the lot perform. Sadly to me, this means that I'm stuck with a car that can't perform to a level that feels correct to me until I can afford to get rid of the 2013 LT. So basically I have a paid in full disappointment that runs sloppy and weak as **** in the weather that we have for 3/4 of the year down here. Needless to say, I'm never making the mistake of buying a small turbocharged engine ever again. Sorry this sounds all negative, but I was really hoping this was something fixable, so it's got me a little riled up.
It is fixable. See our Hestitation...Gone thread.

Throw out the useless crap stock spark plugs and change them for the BKR7E-4644 plugs for $10 and see if you notice a change in drivability. If that works, after summer's over, change up to the BKR8EIX-2668 (iridium) plugs that are slightly more pricey.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.