Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
ordering up some BKR8EIX-2668 this week, going to just go for it and see how it goes. Tried 6 autoparts stores today, and they didn't have anything better than the stock ones. and almost every clerk said "well, the OE plugs here are listed as iridium, doubt you'll do much better than that". That's probably a part of why i dropped so many angry post in here.

·
Administrator
25,163 Posts
Make sure they're gapped at 0.029" and put them in.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I just ordered some BKR8EIX-2668 from eBay for $27 shipped. Couldn't find any place cheaper. My car initially ran much better, but started misfiring again, so I checked the springs in the coil pack & 3 out of 4 were jammed. I haven't tested it out again, but I'm guessing no more misfires or sluggish behavior.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Just a suggestion. I would think about finding another dealer. If your car is still under bumper to bumper warranty, any suggestion of charging you is just nonsense. I would drive a new Cruze and compare how it drives in the extreme heat vs your car. I have 14 Eco 6 speed and just drove to Chicago from Indy and the car got almost 45 mpg but it was no warmer than 75 out and rain. My only complaint is the lack of better lumbar support. Love the car and how it performs.

Keep at it and hope the new plugs help.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
out of bumper to bumper, still some powertrain warranty left, but that only helps for part of it, and you know they'll find a way to say it's not covered.

·
Administrator
25,163 Posts
Bones, anytime you take the ignition rail off you need to verify the springs aren't stuck against the boots.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Bones, anytime you take the ignition rail off you need to verify the springs aren't stuck against the boots.
Planning on double checking that when I throw in the new plugs. Everything looked fine on em when I adjusted the gaps last go arounds

·
Super Moderator
4,980 Posts
Planning on double checking that when I throw in the new plugs. Everything looked fine on em when I adjusted the gaps last go around
I just installed a set of the NGK 2688 BKR8EIXs today gapped at .029 and the car is running top notch. I bought mine off Amazon for @ $27 also. I double checked my springs just to make sure. One time I had one spring bent up a little. Give it a go and let us know if it helps.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Man, I think I'm glad I live in MI and that I have a '14. Hasn't hit 90F this year and I have zero issues like this. I also find it interesting that the Cruze has come with 7 heat range iridium plugs and people seem to think the 8 heat range (colder plugs) are better. The owners manual for the '14 says to use AC Delco 41-122 plugs which are actually NGK IFR6Z7G (a hotter plug). Mine came with the 7 heat range despite what the manual said. I switched to the 6 heat range like the manual says and haven't noticed any difference. Running too hot a plug can lead to pre-detonation (knock) and I certainly haven't noticed that. Running too cold a plug causes carbon buildup, but I've heard no one running BKR8EIX plugs say they've noticed carbon buildup. Perhaps the 1.4T is fairly forgiving to spark plug heat range.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts