Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

How did you buy / get your cruze?

4473 33
At some point in your life we all here got a cruze. im curious how all of us members here obtained their cruze. the poll is set up to see how many of us obtained the cruze in what way. lets do some free market research lol.

how did you obtain your cruze?

• Bought brand new from dealer

Votes: 42 72.4%
  • Bought certified used

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Bought used off the lot

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Bought private party

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Was gifted my cruze

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Factory direct order

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Stole it (shhh dont tell anyone)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
COTM Winner
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
7,011 Posts
My wife bought her/our Diesel new from the dealer.

·
Banned
9,198 Posts
Factory ordered. All the options I want, none I don't. Also, no sitting on the lot for months before being bought.
Same here, wanted one with less than 2 miles on the odometer, said eight weeks, got it in six. Exactly what we wanted in every aspect. Dealer installed options were done by yours truly. Just happen to be a certified floor mat installer.

Since I am retired, have a few more minutes to spare, drove around and got eight quotes, no shortage of Chevy dealers around here.

·
2,191 Posts
I got mine used off a Ford lot. I had been hunting for a red 1LT with the RS package for a few months. Found one in Cleveland, found one in Columbus, and found one in Strongsville and all of them had been trashed upon further inspection. I'm real particular about dings, dents and scratches.

So one day I drove by the Ford lot where I live and it turns out they happened to have one that had no dings or scratches, one owner, and 30k miles. Since they don't list their cars on Cars.com or other sites like that, I had no idea. So I test drove it, negotiated a bit, and bought her. The rest is history! Got an excellent deal on it too!

And all that driving for nothing! Haha

·
Banned
9,198 Posts
Well it helped I had $4,700.00 on my old GM card, they tried to get me to change it for only around a 2,000 buck limit for lower interest rates. But if I don't have the money to pay off the full balance each month, don't use it. Also a 500 buck rebate, and a veterans discount, plus the lowest bid.

But still had to pay sales tax and the sticker price, that teed me off, still does, the crooks in Madison. Wish they would expel Milwaukee and Madison from our state. For us hard working people up here, just an extra burden.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Found my Eco 6MT on our lot with 35K on it. Was upside down on my Mazda6 but they treated me right. Found out the original owner also worked at our dealership. Was stock for the most part in April 2015 when I bought it, now not so much.

·
Premium Member
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i work at a dealer here in Florida and it was sitting for 6 months. we had a 0% interest deal going on and i applied for s^i$%s and giggles. they approved me for 2.9% first time buyer with 600$ cash down. well i liked the power and fuel efficiency of the diesel. bought the car for invoice pricing plus 399 for the legal doc fee we must charge. out the door tax tag and title 22 miles 1/2 where mine off the test drive, for 25,100$ maybe my next new car i will buy factory direct. the new mustang gt350 looks great or a used grand sport vett

·
Registered
103 Posts
Bought a 1.8 LS off the dealers lot in early 2014 model year. As I was making the deal I watched the dealership unload a new 2014 white cruze diesel. I drove the LS for 16 months until it was hit with a huge hail storm. Over 9k in damage. So I took it back to the dealership to trade it. Low and Behold there was that white diesel waiting for me. It had 150 miles on it and the managers of the dealership [all old friends from my car business days] were begging me to buy it. I was upside down in the Ls so I made a deal {huge discount] and drove home in the new ctd. I'm surprised that the diesels aren't more popular out here [New Mexico] because the distances between towns are huge. Anyway the white ctd now has 10,000 miles and has been perfect so far. Hope it continues to be. Also there is no comparison between the diesel and the LS. One drives like an entry level economy car and the other drives like a nice sedan. Hey Nick, sorry about the tmi but I just got into a rhythm there. lol

·
Banned
631 Posts
Walked into dealer....struck a deal and wrote a check...and it was all mine.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Used off the lot...with 102K on the odometer.

It was worth the gamble though because it was the color and transmission I wanted at a local dealer, and my Audi had a timing chain stretching that was going to cost thousands to fix, if not more had it jumped a tooth. It worked out fine because it happened to be a cold, snowy day, so the manager couldn't be bothered to test drive my trade in, and the salesman couldn't have cared less.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Bought her off a 2 year lease right from the show room after checking all competitors equivalent compact sedan (forte, focus, Corolla, civic, etc) best car for the buck and runs so fantastic, Ima sucker for the silver cars and no other silver stood out enough!

2011 Chevy Cruze LTZ 1.4L Turbo

·
Registered
57 Posts
My previous Cobalt Sport 2.4 5M Coupe was written off by a red light runner. I loved that car. It was simple, yet competent. I had a number of John Powell suspension upgrades on it that gave it a real edge. It handled exceptionally well. The engine had some breathing upgrades to it (intake + exhaust), and combined with a HP Tuners tune, was fun to drive. Get on the throttle at 4000+ and it really howled. Cheapest bang for the buck you can get. And very reliable.

Needed a new car fast, and test drove a Cruze 6M. Pretty bland, but I didn't have time to really check the competition, so I settled on a 2014 2Lt RS 6M with attractive discounts. It's too nice a car to play with like my old Cobalt. That said, the car handles really well, but next summer I may upgrade to a set of Bilsteins plus Powergrid endlinks and have some real fun.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I leased my son's '14 1lt RS and couldn't be happier. He's away at college and knows if he has an issue he can use a dealer there under warranty. I got a great deal. I believe my younger son will be getting a similar '16 leased Cruze.

I just have to convince my insurance company not to clobber me on the premiums. That is the biggest hurdle.

·
Super Moderator
5,234 Posts
Bought a 1.8 LS off the dealers lot in early 2011 model year. One of the few manual tranny cars I liked. Bought my 2nd one new in 2013(2012 left over) didn't know what else to buy to replace the totaled 2011. After belonging to this forum and hearing all he talk about MPG and the turbo, I felt compelled to do away with the 1.8 LS and see what all the "buzz" was about with the 1.4 and having options like Cruise Control and better MPG. If the LS wasn't totaled I would probably still have it and wondering about 1.4L life. I already installed aftermarket CC on the LS along with a spoiler just no power seat or fogs.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
i work at a dealer here in Florida and it was sitting for 6 months. we had a 0% interest deal going on and i applied for s^i$%s and giggles. they approved me for 2.9% first time buyer with 600$ cash down. well i liked the power and fuel efficiency of the diesel. bought the car for invoice pricing plus 399 for the legal doc fee we must charge. out the door tax tag and title 22 miles 1/2 where mine off the test drive, for 25,100$ maybe my next new car i will buy factory direct. the new mustang gt350 looks great or a used grand sport vett
It can't get better than buying at Invoice. I'd say that most Chevy's are sold at or near full MSRP minus rebates and other promotions. In contrast I bought a new Florida Hyundai sitting on a lot for 6 months that had gone through 2 Hurricanes. Most screwed up deal I've ever seen but anything goes in South Florida. Sticker was $26K, Invoice was $24K, and I get the Car for $19K. Was even given $13,800 trade for a used Elantra which only cost $12K. The deal didn't make sense and the Sales team was fired. One great thing about buying in Florida and trading in your old car, you get credit for the old Sales Tax you paid! Best new Car purchase EVER!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.