Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just set my Time Zone to another land. How do I change the Flag or at least remove it? I do not want to display anything American anymore

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have any pictures posted aside from the ones you've seen in my posts. My Avatar is a White Dot. I just wanted the Flag under my name to be removed if possible. How does the system even assign National Flags, it's not like I checked a Country in my Profile?

·
Premium Member
2013 Cruze 1LT
769 Posts
I don't have any pictures posted aside from the ones you've seen in my posts. My Avatar is a White Dot. I just wanted the Flag under my name to be removed if possible. How does the system even assign National Flags, it's not like I checked a Country in my Profile?
Likely ip address.

·
Premium Member
2014 Cruze Diesel, 2007 Cobalt, 1981 Camaro Z28, 2017 Volt
4,307 Posts
I did notice these just popped up, must be a new addition

·
Administrator
25,371 Posts
New addition. The site appears to use IP addresses to map country flags.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
While flag tend to denote political borders, I do think they're useful. We don't want to be giving Canadians or Koreans bad advice about their car.

·
Registered
165 Posts
It looks like it's tied to the location you put in the account details (although I had to change my time zone as well to get it to change the flag, the time zone then came back to where I am actually located).

·
Administrator
1,413 Posts
You should be able to hide this in your privacy settings. The flag will still show when you are logged in on your own account but will not show to anyone else. More info on setting your location here:

Setting Your Location
Click on your avatar, near the upper right-hand corner of the site. Select account settings from the drop-down menu.

On the account settings page, scroll down to location.

As you start typing your city, it will offer you choices appear in the drop-down menu. Click to select the one that displays your location.

If you prefer to only display your state, simply type your state, and then click on it in the drop-down menu.

Within discussion threads, you will see your country flag displayed under your username.

-Philip

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
For those who have followed my Nationality/Flag issue I just received this from I believe Admin: I was able to display Japan & the Isle of Man before I became a man without a Country. I'm back to Japan, not sure this response is accurate. My problem, somehow my Flag settings were turned off?

"Your recent report has been resolved: Post in thread 'How Do I Delete the American Flag' - Eddy, the flag was based on the IP Address. If the IP address can't be resolved to a country no flag will appear.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts