Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad has a 2012 Chevy Cruze and just bought his first new cell phone in years. He got a Samsung Galaxy S7 (which is the same phone I have, so I know how to use it lol). I was able to pair his car and phone, but I couldn't get it to use the contacts in the phone tor make phone calls. It shows "AT&T Phonebook" on the screen, but it appears to be empty. Am I missing something? Anyone else encounter a similar problem?

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
Hi Rhonda!

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing concerns with syncing your dad's phone book in his Cruze. I recommend reaching out to our Infotainment Customer Support team as they are highly trained and uniquely qualified to address all Infotainment related concerns. Their number is (855) 478-7767 and they are available Monday through Saturday 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. EST. If they are unable to address your concern, please feel free to reach back out to us to explore other options.

Have a great weekend,

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I have a 2012LT with a Samsung S5. I can see the phonebook while manually scrolling through it using buttons on the radio, but I'm not sure what the voice command is on this system to access the phones directory.

I think I may have done it once. Say "Commands" then "more" I believe the option is in there, but it's not as clean as the 2013-2014 mylink system.

Store a few numbers for him in the car, so all he has to say is "Call Daughter" and the prompts connect.

I'd be interested in what the infotainment people have to say. It's one of GM's first years with Bluetooth. Taking a call works really well, making one if the number is not stored as a contact in the car, not so great.

·
Administrator
25,596 Posts
I gave up years ago trying to get an Android phone to sync the contact list properly. Not just in the Cruze but also in other cars.

·
Registered
294 Posts
there is a setting on the phone to allow different devices to access your phones data that has to be turned to "ok" i had the same issue with mine when i first got my car the Bluetooth worked for calls but all buttons had to be pressed on the phone i brought it to my dealer and talked to the infotainment guy there he walked me through all the settings. Chevy's infotainment trained people are great.

·
Premium Member
8,003 Posts
there is a setting on the phone to allow different devices to access your phones data that has to be turned to "ok"
In addition, the phone might have more than one contact list. (Android has one, and other apps might have their own.)

Reactions: Greggul8r

·
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Representative
5,722 Posts
there is a setting on the phone to allow different devices to access your phones data that has to be turned to "ok" i had the same issue with mine when i first got my car the Bluetooth worked for calls but all buttons had to be pressed on the phone i brought it to my dealer and talked to the infotainment guy there he walked me through all the settings. Chevy's infotainment trained people are great.
Hey Greggul8r,

I am glad to hear that you had a positive experience with your dealership and service team. Please feel free to reach out to us if we can ever be of any assistance. Our team is always glad to help.

Best,
Cecil J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Banned
10,296 Posts
First step is to clear out all the unneeded phones, think the limit is five paired phones.

In regards to making a contact list, have to do each contact one at a time, after doing this 2-3 times, I got bored.

Samsung also has a hands free mode, have one, so I can tell my phone which number I want to call, and when I do, the Cruze radio takes over so can hear who I am talking to over the cars audio system. But rarely make calls when I am driving, just about the only time I can get some peace and quiet.

Ha, can remember the good old days when we only had land lines, your vehicle was your escape for freedom, another one for the history books.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts