Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As the title says. There are no keyholes on the exterior of the car! If I'm in the middle of nowhere with a dead key fob, how do I open the door? I don't have remote start or button start. So once I'm in I should be able to start the car with the old fashioned key.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but it's been bugging me for a while :wacko:

EDIT: So I did a quick search and it looks like there is a key hole underneath a plastic piece on the driver's side door handle. I'm gonna look for it tomorrow lol

·
Administrator, Resident Tater Salad
17,215 Posts
EDIT: So I did a quick search and it looks like there is a key hole underneath a plastic piece on the driver's side door handle. I'm gonna look for it tomorrow lol
Yup! Right side of the door handle trim pops off (stick the key into it from below and it'll pry it off) and there you go!

·
Registered
2016 2nd Gen Cruze LT
64 Posts
Here is a video of the procedure

·
Registered
2016 2nd Gen Cruze LT
64 Posts
Needed this today, vehicle refused to open with the unlock door button, remote or phone !!!:(
service on Feb 9 !
Wow, you got to wait until Feb 9th? Who is your dealer?

Have you checked the battery box to see if there is any water in it?

·
Registered
22 Posts
The procedure shown in the above video, to unlock the drivers door with a key, if the fob or car battery is dead is shown on pages 44 and 45 of the owners manual of my 2017 LS Cruze Sedan. Up until a few days ago, I hadn't even realized that there was no visable key access, even though I have had the car for just over a month. That got me worried ,in the event of a dead battery, until I found this post on Cruzetalk. Probably not a bad idea , to use the key once in a while to make sure the lock doesn't rust solid. I have heard that happens a lot with the truck lock on other cars, when it becomes habit to just use the button on the key fob.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts