Chevrolet Cruze Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,917 Posts
You should be able to just pull straight out, there is no clip to disengage. Its possible to unclip the wire harness/connector from the lower dash, think this would happen before any damage would occur.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, spacedout I did as you said. I had to use a screwdriver to pry the plug off. There is no way I could pull it off without damaging something.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Mine unplugs easily. I wonder what caused yours to get stuck.

Reactions: IndyDiesel

·
Registered
611 Posts
Mine has always been tough to remove as well. In the end I just end up pulling on the plug slowly and firmly. The plastic sure does bend, but so far has not broken. I don't make a habit out of unplugging my scan gauge though for this very reason.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Mine is very difficult to remove as well. There is no clip, but I always unclip the OBD port itself from the holder before unplugging the gauge to avoid damage and make it easier.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I lubricated the edge of the plug slightly, however it was still very tight so I took the needle nose plyers and removed the small guide on the plug. It now goes on and off easier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.